Jump to content

Amplifier Depreciation


Recommended Posts

Posted

I like the 10% thing N8 brought up, even 15% due to no warranty transfer.

But not 35% LOL.

I see your point CJ, but $100 off an $800 amp is a bit different than $100 off a $350 amp.

Could be a little bit my reputation as well. Giving people WAY TOO GOOD of deals in many cases.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

For the 1.2k that I think you are referring to, I would think that $300-$325 shipped would be a fair price considering the new price and it is slightly used.

I personally wouldnt take a penny less than $300 plus paypal fees for it. I would put it on the shelf and keep it until I had a use for it later for any less.

In the end, the used market all depends what someone is willing to pay. There are no blue or black book values to go by, just how bad you need to sell it and what someone is willing to pay you for it.

Posted

My feeling is, if you try to sell it at 10% to 20% of what you paid for it, you'll be sitting on it a long time but if you price 30% to 40% below what you paid you can be certain it will sell in a very short amount of time. Sucks to get hosed in selling things so new but it is the reason you need to be absolutely certain your buying what you want and intend to use for the long haul cause your only looking to get hosed when you try to sell it.

Where the hell did you get that from? In perfect condition just used and you say 30-40%? Not a chance...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

I never named the amp LOL. But yeah.

Im liking the different points of view in this thread actually.

Gives me an idea of how broad the spectrum really is.

Nope but you said the price and I put 2 and 2 together.

Posted

Lets take a Brand new Crescendo bc3500 for example, $779 with free shipping brand new. No matter what the age of the amp, what would be a fair price for this amp in 9/10 condition and never repaired? How much cheaper than new would it have to be to make it worth buying used instead of buying new?

I have bought and sold a ton of equipment and usually take a decent hit on it. That is just part of the game when you constantly change your mind and want to do something different. I know this all to well.

Personally to keep me from buying a new 3500 for $779, I would have to save at least $100 maybe more. In most cases you dont know who you are buying from and how the equipment was really treated.

I bought a pair of 3500's for $1k shipped a few months ago, one was perfect one had some scratches, I plan on running 3 here pretty soon, so if I cant find one for $550 or less Im just going to get rid of my 2 and find something else. IMO I'd rather pay $780 for a brand new one than $650 for a used, but when I sell, I always sell cheap so it evens out.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

Oh another thing to consider is that most of the people that lowball you have no clue at all what it takes to build a proper system. The same guy that would ask about buying a used 9k would also be the same dumbass asking if he needed an extra battery to run it. =@

Posted

Lets take a Brand new Crescendo bc3500 for example, $779 with free shipping brand new. No matter what the age of the amp, what would be a fair price for this amp in 9/10 condition and never repaired? How much cheaper than new would it have to be to make it worth buying used instead of buying new?

I have bought and sold a ton of equipment and usually take a decent hit on it. That is just part of the game when you constantly change your mind and want to do something different. I know this all to well.

Personally to keep me from buying a new 3500 for $779, I would have to save at least $100 maybe more. In most cases you dont know who you are buying from and how the equipment was really treated.

I bought a pair of 3500's for $1k shipped a few months ago, one was perfect one had some scratches, I plan on running 3 here pretty soon, so if I cant find one for $550 or less Im just going to get rid of my 2 and find something else. IMO I'd rather pay $780 for a brand new one than $650 for a used, but when I sell, I always sell cheap so it evens out.

A few months back the bc3500s were selling new for around $650 or so also. You never know what someone actually paid for them new.

Lets take the AQ3500s for example right now. They were normally sold for $799, but AQ or SQ is currently blowing out there AQ labeled stock and is selling them for $639.20.

If you are someone who paid $799 for a new aq3500, does that make your amp worth less since someone can buy one new right now for $160 less?

If I paid $799 for one, I would ask $650 shipped used. But someone who pays $639 for one, may only ask $550 shipped later.

Tons of ways to look at it.

Posted

I ran into this with my Crescendo BC2000D at the time direct price was $379 which is what I paid for mine. I used it for roughly a month if not a little less, however the amp was literally MINT there were only very minor wear marks on the mounting feet which anyone would have done installing it, other than that the amp was perfect like new. Now enter the Black Friday sales, and nendo drops the b2k prices below what I paid and people wanted me to sell my amp to them for $250 with free shipping. I replied to everyone nicely but I really wanted to tell them to PISS OFF in harsher words because just because a sale is done does not lower the value of my amp. Long story short, I held my ground and sold it for $325 plus shipping, and NOW they are $479 direct for the same amp.

While I do agree items lose value after being used, the condition in which they are kept is a HUGE thing for me I don't want to buy scratched up messed up stuff, nor do I like selling items in the same messed up condition. I think the suggested 10% loss is pretty dead on btw.

As for shipping the average "noob" or "joe" does not realize that companies get a HUGE discount on shipping, so when they send it free they are not losing as much profit as if a regular guy wants to ship an item. Example 29lb 12" sub from FL to PA normal guy price around $38 per sub with insurance, a business account/company is around $35 for (2) 29lb subs shipped with insurance. So again, free shipping from a company is NOT as big of a loss as from an individual.

Bottom line is most people are out of touch with reality when offering on used items or they are just trying to low ball and find a "sucker" to get something cheap from them.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 432 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...