You can still change the length on the port right? I'd make it as short as you can. 33hz is pretty darn low for a 4th order haha. Unless you have a 20hz addiction :P

the port will not be changeable when the box is finished, but i do love me some subsonic frequencies! i love the 20's and below :)

Haha right on.

Is the box finished and playing or are you still working on it?

Well, that is definitely not the woofer i would put in a 4th order but that is an awesome looking box! Great craftsmanship for sure. I'm guessing it will be very peaky and kinda quiet in that box but who knows.

If you end up changing woofers, the dc lvl 3 18s will do great in a 4th and are way with in your budget and should get plenty loud off 1200 watts

Team NorthWestSPL

Well, that is definitely not the woofer i would put in a 4th order but that is an awesome looking box! Great craftsmanship for sure. I'm guessing it will be very peaky and kinda quiet in that box but who knows.

If you end up changing woofers, the dc lvl 3 18s will do great in a 4th and are way with in your budget and should get plenty loud off 1200 watts

but is that the best for a 4th in my budget? btw how much do they cost?

IMG_1923_zpseba25f4f.jpgIMG_1275_zps14ef358e.jpg

School wood shop ftw! My school has same exact same clamps and work tables lol. We have a planner, jointer and lathes that are from the 70's lol. Still work like a charm though, which shows how old things had more quality/durable than those of today.

Anyways, amazing craftsmanship! That sure is something to take pride of. Sure looks like you planned out every little thing

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

School wood shop ftw! My school has same exact same clamps and work tables lol. We have a planner, jointer and lathes that are from the 70's lol. Still work like a charm though, which shows how old things had more quality/durable than those of today.

Anyways, amazing craftsmanship! That sure is something to take pride of. Sure looks like you planned out every little thing

haha yeah! i would have built it at my house for i have much better equipment, but im taking an independent study in woods and i needed a project so i decided to make the box there.

Love this box!!!!!!

Such great work,

You never know, that HDC3 may love the box, im tuned in for results, I do worry about the cooling of the motor, but like I said, it may be straight crazy madness when all done, I hope you take lots of videos

oh dont worry, there will be tons of videos!

check out my channel @ SPEAKERSRULEMYWORLD subscribe please!

Love this box!!!!!!

Such great work,

You never know, that HDC3 may love the box, im tuned in for results, I do worry about the cooling of the motor, but like I said, it may be straight crazy madness when all done, I hope you take lots of videos

oh dont worry, there will be tons of videos!

check out my channel @ SPEAKERSRULEMYWORLD subscribe please!

Ok, sub me back, GREEDGT

XS-power1.jpg

Archived