The trigger is unique, takes some getting use to, its similar to the XDs, and acts somewhat as a safty, but the XD have the back strap safty that you push in too when you grip it.

The XD, XDM, or XDS are all great firearms.

I dont know what you all have at your finger tips to rent, but if your at a range that allows that, your definitely taking the right steps in finding what YOU like, not other people.

I will say that Ive shot some rented ones at a range previously, and my buddies gun which is the same exact thing, however his shot nicer. Tho he keeps great care of his, does the range keep their guns in the best care? hard to say, but I would think not. but that is just my opinion..

.40 is a very capable round and I do own a .40xd sub compact that I carry concealed.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

I love my M&P I have damn near all of them in 9mm. LOL.. the bottom 2 are M&P 9 pro series. the top one is a standard M&P and I also have a compact M&P but it stays in the truck most of the time and not in the picture.
They fit great in my had and are very accurate. Im not sure why people do not like them, Its usually the Glock nuthuggres from what I have seen. I run my in my 3 gun shooting comps and have no issues at all.
Like they said up there its what fits you best. All the pistols you mentioned are all great its what feels best in your hand.

D226EFF8-5A99-4FA9-A1C2-A64544B9E769-6947-000005D4AAB02C8A.jpg

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

find a dealer willing to order what you want dont settle.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Got back from the range today, tried out some full size .45s. Told the sales rep what I was lookin for, he was way cool in helpin out and letting me fire some rounds out of some of their rentals (they seem to be a lot more generous when you're actually interested in purchasing a gun and not just there to rent + shoot).

I shot the G21, USP, Taurus 24/7 G2, and M&P. Even for fun we shot a Kimber 1911 even though I'm not in the market for one.

I gotta say, despite what I said earlier.... I loved the M&P. after he switched out the back strap to a smaller one, it turned out I shot best with that. Surprised myself. The grips feel just right, made the glock feel kinda blocky. Anyway for today that was the winner. I'd like to go back and try a few more before purchasing anything.

As far as purchasing, man, they are TAPPED OUT. Shocker, huh? Hopefully this political shit storm ends soon... But that's another thread.

Thanks again guys

Straight up B,

I could own a M&P. Easily. It "works" for my paws. And i dont care about what others say.

OP- like you shouldnt. Go shoot. Toss lead down range, and get one that "is a part of ya".

Dont look back.

CHeers, and happy shooting...

EDIT-spelling... derrrrrr

You should send that M&P my way and let me work my magic on it.....just a thought.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

as far as feel goes I kinda like the HDK USP... I think it has a nice weight to it and feels great in my hand... or you could never go wrong with a nice glock :-P what I want to get just for having fun at the range and making things blow up is either a .50 Magnum Research Desert Eagle and/or a S&W 500 Magnum revolver... both are beasts of guns and both have videos on youtube of multiple things exploding to be no more after being shot with one lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Lol, I think a .50/500 might be just a tad too much for a newbie. :P

50ae and .500mag are worlds apart IMO. 500 is a much hotter round. But ya, eithers gonna be a handful for a new shooter.lol

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

its a handful for anyone whos never shot it .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived