Second Skin Audio

Crazy 18" Prototype subwoofer

Whoever says there is patents being stepped on is wrong. These have been in the works in multiple designs since 2006. These were built 13 months ago for last years Autorama, but Will couldn't make it, so these were put away in the corner of the garage for a whole year, dust, spiders etc.

The last 3 years we have tried multiple configurations to stay away from other patents. Even from the design shown, there are alot of improvements.

This was the largest paired prototypes we built, and were not meant to last longer than some testing and to get some T/S and out put numbers, rebuild -redesign/start over again.

Will being the bass head he is, loving big houses, big dogs, big subs, big amps, loving low numbers and high power, this concept going extreme in his ride matched his whole fortay- so perfect match!

Bringing them to Autorama was to stir some shit and even get some pre orders if anyone is interested.

The extreme model is going to be made in all aluminum basket, some lighter and stronger parts.

The benefits of this design are a Dual linear Drive design, meaning there is two separate coils. One goes one way, one goes the other- like the old tree saws of the 1800s early 1900s two guys pushing and pulling on a 10ft saw to cut a massive redwood down.

This helps with controlling motor force alot. When a typical motor/coil design loses motor strength at peak excursion and even gets sloppy, this sub has full control.

Benefits are accurate brutal low end bass.

Another benefit which may be obvious is cooling.The coils radiate heat away from the winding's That flower piece on the back serves two purposes, one happens to be a heat sink. So power handling is increased quite a bit

After 6-7 years of being in the garage proto testing, it would be nice to get this design off and running if there is interest

• Like (+1 Rep) 9
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

holy frankenstien... looks awesome.

Edited by Bmike

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Seen this thing in person at my work a couple of times, and it was loud with subs half that size lol super clean install too