Sonic Electronix

The problem i see today is the cookie cutter gear being pumped out of china and korea flooding the market with the basically the same gear only different casing as the next company.

I hate to say it but i sometimes prefer to go with the older known companies with a solid reputation for quality and reliability vs some of the other offerings out there that have yet to prove themselves over the long haul.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I wonder how many ppl genuinely think its as easy as throwing a monster sub in your trunk in the biggest box you can find with the most expensive sonicelectronics amp? Then when they figure out how overwhelming and expensive it is to do things the right way, they become haters. I think the motivation at the heart of car audio is all the same though no matter your financial background or situation

I think i actually got a lot more sucked into car audio when I found out just how many things went into designing a good system. The first system I put together was a Type R 12 in a prefab on a Polk amplifier. That was about a year and a half ago. Then I heard my first real system back in June and I was no longer satisfied with my little system. I went online and started looking around, and I just got sucked in by all the different aspects that just went into a sub-stage. So I think for some people all the work may be a deterrent, but there are definitely people out there that are exactly the opposite.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

I wouldnt say it's dying right now, I would say I have never seen the full recovery after the mid 90's car audio crash.

well also car audio is more popular in some citys then other like around here the problem with the market in my town there allot of people who don't wanna spend allot of money rather on car stereos or anything general i hear bass out of a vehicle once every few weeks I've yet to hear anything louder then what i got i'm pretty confident i'm the only person in town running incriminator audio xs power and mechman even though was a mustang i saw that had 2 rockford fosgate 12s on a crunch 2000 not sure what he ran as far as electrical system hell i was surprised he have a sundown audio and digital designs dealer would be nice if we had a xs power dealer for the people who prefer to buy local or never heard of them

people who have bought from me Team Bassick (ALPINE) Purplehaze nidus

head unit sony dsx-s310btx
subs 2 12 incriminator audio king of bass
subs amp incriminator audio 20.1
mids/highs
mids/highs amp incriminator audio 6.4
equalizer clarion
crossover interfire
alternator 1 mechman 240amp
battery's xs power 1 d2100 2 d3100
sky high car audio 1/0 awg ofc wires

memphis car audio 1/0 ofc
xs power xs flex 4 awg

sky high car audio 8 gauge ofc

sky high car audio 12 gauge ofc

t spec rca

check out my building log http://www.stevemead...frey-build-log/

http://www.stevemead...d-other-things/

check out audio gear i have for sale
http://www.stevemead...51#entry1595151

Mechman_300x100px-2.jpg

3d7304fe.jpg

header3-1.gif

SkyHighCarAudio_zps27302c94.png

The problem i see today is the cookie cutter gear being pumped out of china and korea flooding the market with the basically the same gear only different casing as the next company.

I hate to say it but i sometimes prefer to go with the older known companies with a solid reputation for quality and reliability vs some of the other offerings out there that have yet to prove themselves over the long haul.

I run older equipment to. Do I think my name brand 3500 that's a couple years old gonna last as long as my Rockford power 250.2. Highly doubt it will even make it half as long as the 250.2. We live in a throw away world now. Nothing is made to last an extended period of time anymore.

alot of cars come with 8-16 speakers factory i know everyone hear says factory sucks but compared to the tiny little speakers u got in a 1989 to the speakers today they have improved alot ,besides money not flowing very well we bump our old system another year or wait til next season to rebuild a whole new setup,never been in competitions but seem to be doing alright around central florida

Might also be due to climates? I know it sounds stupid, but here in Wisconsin everybody is afraid to run their setups in the cold snowy weather for fear of cracking/ripping/breaking something in the cold air. That, and salty roads lead people to not want to put their 22+" rims on the road to keep them from corroding, same with the bodies of cars themselves to prevent rust. Basically, all the car audio and pimped / classic cars are put away for winter, once summer rolls around it'll probably pick back up again... Until then, everybody's got their beaters out.

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Come to Ireland... it would genuinely make you sad.

But then again we never had a scene to begin with.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

where i live its died off a lot because everything is so expensive . for example its 800,000 for a old run down house ,1000 a month to rent a bachelor suit ,3500 to rent a house. so kids coming out of high school can no longer afford such luxuries

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived