Sonic Electronix

Ok fam. So after about a month of researching on the forum and online, I came up with my proposed future build. But i have a few questions about beefing my electrical system for this crazy demand. Upgrading the big 3 is a given. My concerns are weather or not one alternator @320amps will support? So here is my "wishlist" of what i would to stuff in the charger and has anyone seen a dual alt setup for the type of car I have? If there is a will, there is way.

Kenwood DNX6990HD

2 DC Audio 12 LVL 5 fully upgraded

2 Crescendo PWX 8in

16 Crescendo PWX 6.5in

16 Crsscendo FT1 (yeah I know this may be overkill, may take that down to two per mid bass)

2 Crescendo BC5500

4 Crescendo C1600.2

2 Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

1-2 Mechman Alternator 320amps

1 XS POWER D4900 (primary)

4 XS POWER D3100 (system)

Power/Ground 0/1Gauge

Speaker wire 8 Gauge

RCA's

Second Skin spectrum, damplifier

I calculated in the area of 15,000 watts based on manufacture specs, of course I know real world power will be different, but in the 10,000+ range.

Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

You could run that on 1 Mechman 320 but you wouldn't be able to hold 13-14 volts for extended periods, I would research and try to see if you can get a dual alt bracket made for your car, if not losing the ac is always an option but one most poeple would rather avoid.... It would be a shame to lose the air conditioning in a car that nice but u do what u have to so for the system. If I had that car and was only able to do 1 alt with that much power I would have at least 6 D3100's just for the stereo alone and it wouldn't hurt to have a couple more IMO. Every little but helps.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

I know what you're talking about or have an idea anyways. Never seen any apps in your car like you said, but I have seen dual alt setups where they are right on top of each other, one facing upside down. On 2 Bc 5500's by themselves I would try to run dual alts but it sounds like you'll be having an insane mids and highs setup as well. Those amps are going to be drawing alot of current. Keep trying for the dual alts becasue in a charger idk where you would fit the batts for all that power unless you're turning the trunk into a batt/amp rack. Still if you only had 1 alt you would have to add more batts to compensate and still with one alt puttin out 320 amps you wouldn't be able to hold 13-14 volts forever. The most watts I've seen run on a single 320 without voltage drop at driving rpm's is 5500 and he had 3 140 ah batteries from C&D as buffers on a power bass xta5000d. I've seen a video of someone running 10k on a single 370 amp alt and it could only hold 13-14 volts for about a minute on 7 C&D batts and then dropped to 12.9. It's not bad in my opinion but you want to try for the most power possible. I can't wait to see your build when you start it though it'll be intense!

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

Nice, another dream build that'll never happen.

But on the electrical, I will be running 4 bc3500's and 1 c1100.4 on a single singer 350 amp alt, 1 d6500, 2 xp3000's and 7 deka 9a34m's and Im hoping the single alt will be enough.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

all that front stage for 2 12s in the trunk.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

16 supertweeters?

Are you serious? Even 8 is ridiculous.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Yes, the front stage listed previously is way overboard. After a few conversations on the side, I came to the conclusion that I will be going with:

2 BC3500's strapped on 4 DC Audio 12 XL 4th order in the trunk

C1600.2 on 4 PWX 8" midbass

C1100.4 on 4 PWX 6.5 midrange & 4 FT1 Supertweets

3Sixty.3 to take care of all the frequency routing

2 Mechman 320a alts(yes, I finally found a resource for a bracket)

5 XS Power D2700 or D3100's

So I've toned it down a bit to something less dream like. 8)

Archived