Sundown Audio

What in Gods name happened to my amp? Lol

Raptorman

Lmao k soo as long as you gott good voltage current draw is not an issue .... that's news to me lol

K know it all have fun with your melted pos sundown

By his logic when I had 3 12ks and a shit ton of batts there was no way I was pulling 3000

Amps of current cause my voltage only droped by 1 volt lol

Good luck

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I know your amp is grounded to the battery but is the power connection attached to it as well?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I just want to see more pics.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Hey guys, be nice. This kind of problem is the direct result of heat and heat is caused by resistance plain and simple. If you were to bring this to me, the first thing I would do is determine the voltage drop between the output stud of the alternator and the amp positive input lead (right at the set screw). Secondly, I'd look at the voltage drop between the case of the alternator and the amp negative input lead (also at the set screw). To do so requires a quality DMM with a MIN / MAX scale. Once we had that data, we could look for the source of the voltage drop.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Ill post pics and info today when i get home. Thanks guys.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Either way if it works or not, take it to Steve at Amp Medics. You're not too far from him or give him a call.

http://www.ampmedics.net/

EDIT: idk if I can post external links if there is already someone here who fixes or looks at amps. Sorry mods if so, edit this if needed.

Thanks.

The only thing I can think that happened here was already mentioned of having a wire cross terminals and then short out the connection to make it hot or the wires were not secured tightly and this caused it to have high resistance to heat up like that. You are probably not getting the wire out of the terminals like that as it fuses it to the metal from that high of heat. I can only suggest to take a DMM and test resistance between the positive and negative terminal WITH THE POWER GOING TO THE AMP CUT OFF!!! and see if it reads anything. I can only think that you had a wire, water or anything else cross contact points on the amp and it caused the heat. If you really want to look into it peel back the outer jacket of the wires and if its discolored like in the pic farther down from the terminal then that wire was overheated for a long time.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

That's odd. It seems that all your connections are good. The only other thing I could think of is resistance somewhere in the electrical... I guess your search begins lol. Sorry about your troubles bro.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

Archived