reelfish92 Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 Sorry to hear this man. Hope you get it resolved. Its not my business, but if you bought from an online team member/dealer, you might come out on top with the insurance. Hope the box and everything is still in the trunk though. Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
JamieHoward Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 Had a guy that I knew once that was an obvious loser, but was let into our circle via association - he knew one of my good friends. I was a kid, like 18 at the time, but this taught me a good lesson. He had nowhere to go and no friends (I later realized it was because of the immense piece of shit human being that he was). I am the type of person that tries to do the right thing if I am able to, so I put this kid up, gave him a place to stay and sometimes even fed him. I was of the opinion that I would want someone to do the same for me if the situation was flipped. So this guy goes out and steals somebody's Rockford DVC 15's and offers to trade for the 4 SVC 12's that I had. I knew they were stolen. I knew it was wrong. I did it anyway. Long story short, the dude ended up busting up my car and stealing them back after all I had done for him. That left me with a lesson learned for life, as well as some bruised knuckles and a scar on my hand from his tooth. Shady people are shady. Stay away from anyone you don't trust or just doesn't seem right. it will cut out a lot of problems in your life. Not to say that this was in any way your fault, just a general practice that has certainly saved me some headaches. Hope you get your shit back man.
8ight Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 I know the type, grew up around it. They don't know any better. That is why they are the worst sort of scum. I'm gonna hate
Big-A Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 This sucks sorry to hear this happened to you. Its not always unemployed, broke people who steal. alot of times they just steal for the rush. 2004 Dodge Ram Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s Sound processor- Clarion eqs746 Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345 Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005 Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75 Front Door- Skar SPX65c Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack Big 3+ with SHCA http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251
reelfish92 Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 In other countries thieves get punished in the street if caught. I mean I've seen videos of a bunch of guys catching a thief and beating him, then the authorities arrive. Too bad this is the U.S.... Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
Emmet Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 To Be Honest when i was younger, like 5-12 i use to have the stickiest fingers. (bubble gum, candy bar etc.) As i got a bit older it just turned into a rush. I HAVE NEVER stolen from a person though. It was always from a company. Now i'd only steal something if it was worth a couple grand. And if i knew i wasn't going to get caught. Damn... I kind of hope you try steal something, get caught and get your legs broken. Do you think companies are magical things that are run by unicorns? Behind every company there is uncountable ordinary joe soaps. You're just a prick. Sorry to hear OP. Always get that sick feeling when something gets stolen. Karma will get them back no doubt. Head up dude. i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
IBleedMusick Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 That shit sucks Jeff sorry to hear that. You know you got access to all my tools (including the DD1 and CC1) when you get back to Miami if you need it. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
8ight Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 Someone joined my circle of friends without that silent permission recently, constantly calling and nagging me and my friends to hang out etc. until another friend's phone went missing. We all knew who it was but he wouldn't fess up to it, we found the phone in his house... I'm gonna hate
meade916 Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 Swordlordboy1234, on 13 Mar 2013 - 08:51, said: meade916, on 13 Mar 2013 - 08:25, said: to the O.P., sorry you got your shit stolen bro. I hope you get bigger, better stuff next time and most of all, a good alarm with 2way pager or something. Keep your head up though, i been there and i know it don't feel good at all. Appreciate it Steve. Believe me, I'm gonna make it way bigger and better then it ever was.... This time I've learned some more (don't we always) and I can't wait to get started. I am still in Cali so I have no idea on my cars condition, what's missing, or anything...I only know my windows broken and all of my tools, including my DD1 are gone. No idea about the system yet.Everyone else thank you. I just needed to rant I was pissed last night. I wanted to hurt whoever did that to my car. That was my baby. I put my heart and soul (along with thousands of dollars) into repairing that car into top running condition, restoring the interior, and then another couple grand on the system. It's frustrating knowing that it could all be gone now. A better alarm is in the works for sure. I had the cheapest viper I could fit, just to be loud when set off and to unlock my doors email me your address. I am replacing your DD-1 today. I know it's not an entire system but that is one less thing you will be worrying about.[email protected] use this for motivation to NOT give up on something you love, car audio. And get a damn (better) alarm :D . Matter of fact, pick one out from Sonic and i will donate $50 bucks paypal towards whatever one you like. ill be waiting for your email. All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
SnowDrifter Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 Wow.. NO ONE can say you aren't a nice guy!! That's awesome! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.