What happened to this member?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147578-smz2s-xterror-31313-mystery-box/page-5

Is this the one everyone is referring to?

4th order for a 18" in an Xterra?

It was a 6th order bahaha I remember this.. It was a good box until I had to move the port!!! Lol but seriously he owes me a few jig saw blades...
lol, true... I got the box in the shop, and that's hilarious...

I'll actually start cutting on it shortly... New build coming... but I won't be moving the port!!!

Good luck man let me know if you need an extra hand. I hope you don't have to haha

I'll be working on it at the house all day, feel free to drop by and help out, I won't mind

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

What I don't get is, that a ton of people would always refer the guy when someone asked for a designer. Now everyone seems to be bashing him, wouldn't surprise me if some of the same people bashing use to refer him. I for one, never saw this guy as an enclosure designer. If I remember right it all started cause he was in the hospital, or something, and wanted to do sketch ups for people for free out of boredom. Then suddenly bam guy can design a 6th order bandpass. Kinda weird but its whatever now guy isn't here anymore.

yeah i remember him asking for tips to design boxes. like the do's and dont's then all of a sudden i see him selling designs. i thought it was strange so fast. like no possible way he's got the proper knowledge. especially with bandpasses

What I don't get is, that a ton of people would always refer the guy when someone asked for a designer. Now everyone seems to be bashing him, wouldn't surprise me if some of the same people bashing use to refer him. I for one, never saw this guy as an enclosure designer. If I remember right it all started cause he was in the hospital, or something, and wanted to do sketch ups for people for free out of boredom. Then suddenly bam guy can design a 6th order bandpass. Kinda weird but its whatever now guy isn't here anymore.

yeah i remember him asking for tips to design boxes. like the do's and dont's then all of a sudden i see him selling designs. i thought it was strange so fast. like no possible way he's got the proper knowledge. especially with bandpasses

Trust me man I caught onto that since day one lol.

yes, sadly enough, it was me that went to 412CVX for a box design that massively failed. thankfully, it was only 20$ to replace the surround on the sp4, but the 2 sheets of mdf, and the 26 pieces of wood that i had to cut and put together...that just ended up going to waste really sucked. This has taught me to learn about designing bandpass boxes and do it myself. Only reason i went to him in the first place was that i didn't know much about designing bandpass boxes, and figured i could ask for (even pay for) some help. Oh well, you live and you learn. It would have been easier for him just to tell me that it wouldnt work under the criteria i had given him.

yes, sadly enough, it was me that went to 412CVX for a box design that massively failed. thankfully, it was only 20$ to replace the surround on the sp4, but the 2 sheets of mdf, and the 26 pieces of wood that i had to cut and put together...that just ended up going to waste really sucked. This has taught me to learn about designing bandpass boxes and do it myself. Only reason i went to him in the first place was that i didn't know much about designing bandpass boxes, and figured i could ask for (even pay for) some help. Oh well, you live and you learn. It would have been easier for him just to tell me that it wouldnt work under the criteria i had given him.

he alrdy told you dude, its your fault MOVE THE FUCKING PORT

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

that may be what he posted in the thread AFTER i built the box lol. initially, yes i did ask about the placement, and he said if it doesnt, i could move it...

that may be what he posted in the thread AFTER i built the box lol. initially, yes i did ask about the placement, and he said if it doesnt, i could move it...

im trolling lol. He should have taken the blame not blame you. I totally agree with you

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived