Sundown Audio

5 Channel Amp

gattiboy13

Reason for 5 channel is space and budget. Separate amp installs are expensive here!

First. Dont Pay to have anything installed. Learn how to do it and do it properly.

Second. You can use threaded rod and stack amps. Space should not be a problem.

Quality isn't cheap I understand ur on a budget cheap is merely saying it would be a better bang for your bucks if you went a different route u asked for advice u got it...say thank you and move on if you don't want to listen but if your kinda already made up don't post

OF first off, that isnt going to do anywhere near what they claim it will.

Claims to do 4x400 and 1x 1100 at 2 ohms. BULLSHIT! Those 4 channel numbers come out of a sundown 200.4, not that little POS.

Want a small foot print, here ya go.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120465

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=225198

I'm sure you could pick up a used Rockford Power 1000 5 channel for not a whole lot more than that $460. It's what I did.

Edit: Not the smallest of footprints though. Still, a class A/B for the mids/highs and D for the sub. Pretty bangin.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

nothing wrong with budgeting but get something that does somewhat close to rated. let everyone know your budget and go from there. sonic electronics is a good place to look

and x2 on separate amps for bass and highs.

2007 Mazda 3 Sedan

Pioneer 80-prs
B2 Zero.7

2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconed
Focal P165-v15
Audison voce quattro

fully active

Only gonna get louder

146.1 at 38hz

138.x at 24hz

Build log
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/

5 channel amps simply does not have a very long shelf life ... The 5 channel you have now probably sounded alot better when it was new. One power supply working its ass of to power 4 audio channels and one big bass channel is just too stressful for the amp ...

Why do think they don't make too many of them and the "Good ones" are too expensive to afford cause of the build quality ...

Personally, I run separate 2 channels for more headroom and dynamics. This just gives you "better sound" because the power supplys do not have to work as hard to produce adequate sound ... If anything, run a 4 channel for the mids and highs and one bass amp ...

and just so we are clear ... I'm not talking about RMS output, but the power supplys that takes in the voltage and generates the power for the amp to make RMS power ...

Hope this helps some, and like others have said ... Read into it and listen to the guys that have tried them ...

Thanks ...

Randal

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

here's the 2 amps cj linked its $365, $90 cheaper than the lanzar you linked and miles better

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34758_Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X4.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43423_Rockford-Fosgate-PBR500X1.html

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

There is the "big" memphis belle for sale on another forum... I ran the Rockford power 1000 for 2 years that s15sylvia now has and miss that amp.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I agree with CJ18 on all accounts. Two amps is the way to go, if your looking to save space those little rockfords are awesome. They are like a sexy candy bar, about the same size as one if they really existed. I doubt the claims of that 5channel are even close to accurate. I dunno if this helps but I messed with some 5channels and the one that I felt did the best was the boston acoustics gta1105. My buddy had one pushing 4 JL components and an 10"mtx 8500 @ 4Ohm. The amp was only giving that sub about 250watts which is half of it's rms. A 2ohm sub would have been getting 400watts but it still sounded pretty good. I convinced my friend to let me build him a better box and get a dedicated amp for the sub. I had an old kicker kx1500.1 lying abound and he switched to one of those small fosgate PBR300x4 for the components. there is no comparison in how much better/louder it is. So if you are set on a 5channel I recommend the boston gta1105, You could run that RF sub at 2 ohm and it should push it no problem. One setback is its a big amp and would take up about the same amount of room as two normal sized amps, or about 4 of those fosgate mini boost rail amps. Boston Acoustics is discontinuing their car audio line so you could get that amp fairly cheap. Don't get me wrong Im sure that amp would work just fine, but I would go two amps anyday of the week. Dunno if this helps, its just my opinion. First Post FTW!

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Archived