Voltage drops when reving engine?

Idle RPM is around 500 when warm. When I rev from Idle to around 1000-1200rpm the voltage sometimes drops but most when I let off the gas back to idle. It does come back up again in about 5 seconds. It's just weird that I don't see it from the alternator, just the battery.

I talked to my Grandfather (retired technician) and he said its normal but I don't know.

Maybe something drawing on the battery and the alt has to catch up?

EDIT: the lights don't dim that I have noticed.

how is your voltage when playing the system? is your alt putting out good current?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

how is your voltage when playing the system? is your alt putting out good current?

Didn't get system in yet, Just sold my old car so i'm going to start building next week. I'm getting a mechman 370 here soon also. Just seemed weird. I read a lot of people have the same issue with S10's/Blazers. Maybe it is normal. I don't know. Maybe I won't notice it a smuch with a bigger alt. :unknw:

Didn't get system in yet, Just sold my old car so i'm going to start building next week. I'm getting a mechman 370 here soon also. Just seemed weird. I read a lot of people have the same issue with S10's/Blazers. Maybe it is normal. I don't know. Maybe I won't notice it a smuch with a bigger alt. :unknw:

I have a s10 blazer. And with stock alt, and a D3400, i used my SMD VM1 and i remember holding over 14 hot at all times. Reving, or idle, driving, sitting.

Im getting my SINGER up and running soon, ill pay more attention. Ill get it in and rolling, and get a video.

your idle is way low for a 4.3 vortec. sounds like you need some maintenance

• tune up (AC / Delco platinum plugs only)
  • serp belt (maybe tensioner too)
  • throttle body removed and cleaned up (IAC, TBS, sensors removed for access to carbon)

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Thanks for the help guys. It's just getting really frustrating. First the 4x4 actuator, battery cable then busted brake line, now this voltage shit and yesterday I notice my vents are always blowing hot ass air.... I just want to get some beat going again. I did read that 500-650rpm is "considered" normal Idle for 4.3's It would be nice if it was a bit higher though. I'm no mechanic so I don't really trust myself getting too deep into the engine. I'm just tired of being told oh it's normal and don't worry about it when there is obviously a problem... anyways sorry to rant but I had to vent.

EDIT: I'm getting new spark plugs, fuel filter and throttle body cleaned next week and possibly some little motor

Archived