Sonic Electronix

Hi Forum,

This is my first post and SQ build ever so i need some guidence and help please. I drive a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer ES Sport which currently has Infinity Kappas on the doors with stock wires and some BS dual deck which works like crap. im looking into redoing the whole audio with monster cable for speaker wire and second skin CLD (first layer) then MLV (second layer) and finally put down some CCF (third layer) for max luxury feel and quietness (so i think and was told on DIYMobileAudio.com) please let me know if this is overkill and a waste of money or would the end result justify the work and money. the system im thinking is as follow please advice if changes should be made.

Car Audio Setup
1 Kenwood KDC-X997 $259.00
1 Alpine MRX-F65 $259.00
1 Alpine MRX-M110 $279.00
1 Alpine RUX-KNOB $28.00
1 PAC SWI-RC $43.99
2 JL Audio 10W3v3-4 $329.98
1 JBL MS-62C (front) $299.99
1 Infinity Kappas (back) $0.00
$1,498.96

1 0 Gauge Dual Amplifier Installation Kit $69.99
1 NVX XWS1250 (12ga speaker Wire) $79.99
$149.98

$1,648.94

Thank you so much!

*edit - Forgot to mention i plan to build two separate Fiberglass sub boxes on each side of the trunk for maximun trunk space saving and

stealthiest look.

I wouldnt get alpine for a SQ build

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

hey welcome to the forum even though i suck

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

As already stated, avoid Alpine, they haven't been any good for a while. If you are really after SQ you will need to pick two of these options before continuing:

SQ

-Budget friendly

-New equipment

-Actual SQ, not crap people think is SQ

People get all gung-ho about SQ builds then find out what it really takes and shy away. What it looks like you are going for now is an ordinary budget build, it will sound plenty good, lightyears ahead of factory.

I'm gonna hate

Why do you want a RUX knob. I think you don't need it.

If you're short on budget : get a single 15" sub. Can be cheaper and louder on the same power, only if you have room for it.

A Sundown SA15 can be a good sub for you. It's only an example of what you can get.

I love JBL, but if you like Alpine you can try to listen to a set of Type x components.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived