MOTORCYCLE GUYS! NEED BIKE RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!!!!!

hasqvarna nuda´s are nice too

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Not a big sport bike fan. Id recommend a sportster 883. Light fun bike to ride. I had a softail up until recently and it was a blast to ride.

Lol thanks, but a blue 2011 883 is what my mom bought for herself that I've been practicing on, I don't think it looks girly, but she says it's not a mans bike. great sounding.

And as from what I have learned so far you outgrow a 250 pretty quick, so I agree with starting at a 600, especially since I know what to expect. This whole situation is still somewhat unbelievable to me because my mom threatened to beat me just for having the thought of getting a motorcycle when I was younger because she had one when she get her license early on, and she had a crash, her brother crashed it, and her boyfriend, who did actual racing, died on the track when a bike going

about 180mph hit him. she hammered into my head how dangerous they are, I still have a hard time understanding how she started to bug me to get my license to go ride with her, but hey I won't be complaining.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

would it be retarded to even bother with something like this as a first bike?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/3779005520.html

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

The 600 class inline four sport bikes are all very boring in my opinion. The 883? Terrible bike for what you want. That bikes only purpose is to provide an afforable and easier to manage alternative for spouses to ride with their bleed orange and black husbands.

My list for starter bikes look like this:

1) Suzuki SV650

These bikes are easy to find, easy to maintain, are comfortable and more upright to ride, can accelerate and deccelerate and a quick pace, as well as having a very user friendly power band and sport like lean angles. They are not ugly and can be found "naked" with the 1/3 fairing or full fairing. The aftermarket parts list is extensive, and there is a cult following for them online. Lastly, a slightly used model can be found well within your price range.

A few other honerable mentions:

Ducati 695/696 monster

Quick, fun, looks good and sounds awesome but expensive to acquire and maintain

Honda 599 hornet:

Modern "standard" styling with comfortable ergos and user friendly I4 power but can be hard to find withess online support

If you go with something of the 600 class straight go for the street models rather than the track ones. As a new rider you will never reach the bikes potential without hurting yourself.

Fz6 instead of the R6

Ninja (might be a twin? Idr) instead of the zx6r

Hope that helps

-Drew

The 600 class inline four sport bikes are all very boring in my opinion. The 883? Terrible bike for what you want. That bikes only purpose is to provide an afforable and easier to manage alternative for spouses to ride with their bleed orange and black husbands.

My list for starter bikes look like this:

1) Suzuki SV650

These bikes are easy to find, easy to maintain, are comfortable and more upright to ride, can accelerate and deccelerate and a quick pace, as well as having a very user friendly power band and sport like lean angles. They are not ugly and can be found "naked" with the 1/3 fairing or full fairing. The aftermarket parts list is extensive, and there is a cult following for them online. Lastly, a slightly used model can be found well within your price range.

A few other honerable mentions:

Ducati 695/696 monster

Quick, fun, looks good and sounds awesome but expensive to acquire and maintain

Honda 599 hornet:

Modern "standard" styling with comfortable ergos and user friendly I4 power but can be hard to find withess online support

If you go with something of the 600 class straight go for the street models rather than the track ones. As a new rider you will never reach the bikes potential without hurting yourself.

Fz6 instead of the R6

Ninja (might be a twin? Idr) instead of the zx6r

Hope that helps

-Drew

x2 on this list I think the ninja your thinking about is the 650r and the new one is sexy as hell.

I would say if your dead set on getting something like a gsxr or a Cbr for your first bike be very careful they will not be forgiving to new rider mistakes.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Im a suzuki fan boy, no hiding or denying it. If suzuki built it then its badass.

A 600 wouldnt be bad but I strongly recommend taking a riders course and taking it easy. The new gsxrs have the ABC mode whic limits the power band throught the setting, theyre actually helpful

Hope you don't mean cars with your, "If Suzuki built then its badass" statement. Just kiddin, I mean seriously the big four Japanese bike makers are all pretty close.

All these new bikes being posted. If this is your first bike, super sorts are gonna get you into trouble. And buy something used. I don't mean to be a downer, but first bikes WILL go down. It happens as you learn. Buy something small. It's worth it. Those little ninja 250's and 500's will get boring, yes. But you'll get your money right back by selling it to another beginner.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

All these new bikes being posted. If this is your first bike, super sorts are gonna get you into trouble. And buy something used. I don't mean to be a downer, but first bikes WILL go down. It happens as you learn. Buy something small. It's worth it. Those little ninja 250's and 500's will get boring, yes. But you'll get your money right back by selling it to another beginner.

x2 on this. May also want to get insurance quotes before you buy.

Yea.. My first rocket was over $2K a year for insurance. Years and a few bikes later I'm down to $22 a month.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

While I would like to start off small then switch, the hassle and possibility of losing money isn't worth it to me. I've been riding a pretty heavy harley for a practice bike and I've never dropped it or laid it down, and to be honest I don't plan on going fast on it. It really just to save me time and gas from home to school. I've known too many people who have been killed speeding on a bike to really want to go fast all the time. But from time to time on the freeway or the open highways in the back streets I would like the ABILITY to open it up if I want, thats why I'm lookin at a 600 series. Also Insurance isn't a problem, I've got the good student discount and I don't have any accidents, just one speeding ticket from Nov, 2011 that I did traffic school for but those bullshitters never fixed it on my insurance so I need to go back to the damn court.

Overall I like bikes with more fairing on them, not bare like most of the ducati monsters seem to be. I heard CBR's are really comfy? anyone know about that?

I missed Alan.

Archived