I always have at least 1 cocked n locked that's easily accessible, and once im in the safe.... well shit, you better have an army, lots of choices there with a bunch mags gtg. leave your go to gun ready to rock. an empty gun= really pricey hammer.

Really pricy hammer and perhaps the fastest way to make an acquaintence with the coroner

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

My glock 19 sits in a locked case (still easily accessible) every night by my bedside. My stepfather also does the same thing. My thoughts are whats the point of having it if its hard to get to in a situation.

My question for you gun gurus is if its bad to leave it ready to go all the time?

I know that spring in there is under constant compression when its cocked. I have it in the case with a round in the chamber so I don't have to chamber a round if I need it....should I remove the mag, eject the round in the morning or am I fine just leaving it all the time like that? Will or could it cause any long term damage to the gun? Or am I just worrying about something that doesn't matter?

Locked in a case how..... The reason I ask is because under heavy duress, fine motor skills are fucked. If you have a keyed or roller combination lock, you may want to look into a simplex locking gun safe. Trying to find one myself actually.

Just DON'T get one like this.

http://www.basspro.com/Stack-On-Quick-Access-Safe-with-Biometric-Lock/product/421825128/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

• 2 weeks later...

I have a G19 as well, I keep one in the chamber at all times when carrying. At home it is in a safe because I have a younger brother.

If your not comfortable carrying with one in the chamber, try this. Carry your gun unloaded but cocked, and do everything your normally do. See at the end of the day if anything has caused you to pull the trigger. With a quality holster, this should never happen.

Good luck!

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

i do not keep one in the chamber, but only because I have no safety.

What gun are you referring to? If Glock, there most certainly is a safety on it. Multiple to be exact. They are just not external.

I carry every gun with one in the chamber. Can anyone afford not to? Certainly not me.

What gun are you referring to? If Glock, there most certainly is a safety on it. Multiple to be exact. They are just not external.

I carry every gun with one in the chamber. Can anyone afford not to? Certainly not me.

I was referring to my M&Ps. No safeties.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I was referring to my M&Ps. No safeties.

S&W M&P's as in the revolver or semi autos?

Archived