buy a new one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i wouldnt even try..... even if you did fix the bend... the heat needed to get the metal soft enough would probably warp and/or weaken the metal in that spot.

IMHO - not worth it for your own safety and other on the road

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

I had a buddy knock the lip of his back into place with a lead hammer just to get it to hold air enough to get home. But that was still only temporary. Always nice to have a spare if possible I would say buy a new one, try to knock the bent one back, and keep it as a spare.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Steel rims can be hammered back if they're heated. Don't count on it being accurate at all though. Not so much the alu and nickel alloy ones.

There is a place in my town though that fixes bent rims. Had it done once before, the wheel is placed on a spinning rack, heated up a little and hydraulic rams fix the bend in the rim. The rim is then spun and checked with a gauge so it's still perfectly cylindrical.

This was only a pretty minor bend though. So it's worth a shot to have a look around.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

If you heat up the rim and try and bend it back, depending on the material the rim is made of, you might wind up altering it chemically and rendering it not structurally sound. Also if you do this and dont know what youre doing you could bend the dent out too far and ruin the rim all together. There are shops all over the place that can repair rims but if you have a 4 inch section that is bent upwards most cases are it'll be better for you just to buy a new rim and be done with it.

Archived