**UPDATE** What does "Pro Audio" really sound like?

Really like you install man. And your choice in music for the video.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I've always been a big fan of pro audio. I haven't been able to find a traditional comp set that has the dynamics that pro audio gear does. I use compression drivers in Image Dynamic horns and they have incredible realism. They play from 800hz-20k. It's a great video Snow. We Should have a thread with nothing but pro audio demos where we can rap about products, listening impressions, and why we chose the gear we did. With all the talk about pro audio lately it could dispel some myths and create some converts.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thanks for sharing the vid snow. Def one of the better ones I've heard but over my phone my ears still cannot handle that shrill high of the super tweeters

That might be your phone speaker. There's no shrill high lol. At least not that stands out to me :unknw:

Makes me worried where im at.... sad fucking face

Uh oh!

Why is that?

Thanks for sharing the vid snow. Def one of the better ones I've heard but over my phone my ears still cannot handle that shrill high of the super tweeters

That might be your phone speaker. There's no shrill high lol. At least not that stands out to me :unknw:

Makes me worried where im at.... sad fucking face

Uh oh!

Why is that?

Probably phones are always eq'd to play higher in high frequencies.

Drive down to Cali and give me a demo!!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

problem with a lot of pro audio setups is that a lot of people hook up their mids or tweets with no extra processing, they just set their hpf on the headunit to 150hz and say yes my mids are crossed over, but they let them play everything else including what the tweeters should cover, it's like taking a sub and expecting it to play 500hz

while you may be happy with yours, and it may sound good to your ear, for all you know it could sound much better if it were to truly be crossed over properly.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

while you may be happy with yours, and it may sound good to your ear, for all you know it could sound much better if it were to truly be crossed over properly.

Exactly my point. I heard someone with the exact same drivers as I have - a pair of PWX 6.5s and an ft-1 per side and it sounded sooooo much different than my setup. Was extremely harsh. Got loud as balls, but it made your teeth hurt it was so tweetery lol

Archived