Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

Your teacher wants a second one eh? You don' good :D

I'm going to need more popcorn

:popcorn:

Daymn that's pricy!

I was thinking a thick spandex for the spider.

Compression short material, etc

Yeah man those magnets ain't cheap! That's why you gotta be so careful with em. I'm actually drawing up a rig right now that will be able to safely remove the new bigger magnets, there's almost no way I could do it with my hands lol.

And Spandex might work, but I think getting it to hold firmly enough to the VC would be a challenge, and do they make a stiffer spandex? Or would I just need to layer it a bunch of times?

Your teacher wants a second one eh? You don' good :D

I'm going to need more popcorn

:popcorn:

He wants the first one. No way I'm giving him my new magnets man! He sorta paid for the first ones. sorta. But he was so excited about it I couldn't say no. I think it's rare that he has a student take such an interest in any project and actually put an impressive amount of thought and effort into making it. He was like a little-boy in the R/C cars part of Toys R' Us when he saw it start to play lol, he got his camera and made a video and everything. He didn't ask me about keeping it until today though, because I told him I'll just build an even bigger and badder one then.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

how well does the stretched inner tube work? I'd be a bit worried with no roll to the surround.

I'm sure you can get teflon sheeting like sheets of paper, just roll it up and slide it in/over the magnets.

As to your new magnets, can you have a machine shop center-bore them? You could slide a bolt through center to align them while stacking them.

Watch your fingers, that much pull power is liable to break shit if you get your fingers between the magnets during assembly.

Maybe try using bungee cords for the spider. They're pretty cheap and should be significantly more durable.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I would cheat and buy spiders and a surround this time lol, still keep your cone though, its BADASS imo. At least the spiders, and you could space them to help out even more with keeping it all aligned. If V2 is for yourself it doesn't really matter if you use off the shelf parts.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

if you really want to stay away from shelf parts. idk how well spandex will work either. you gotta keep the coil from moving back and forth.

what about like bending like flexible plastic in a sort of accordion style and then sowing a few of them equal distances around the VC in between a couple layers of spandex?

the plastic would have to be wide (like 1/8" or so wide) or else it wouldn't do anything to help stop the side to side movement.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Found some spiders for you on ebay that have solid centers and can be cut for any siz Voice coil.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=vizioso&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=spider&_sacat=0&_from=R40

This would be perfect IMO.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived