80prs Help ***Gain Issue(?) pg.2 EDIT-Solved***

Hey, I just spent 2 hours reading the operating manual.

ANd yeah, it s on the first page of the install manual, the rca output functions.

I feel ready to get thing in tomorrow!!!

ill be sure to ask you then if im confused on the prs-80 putting mine in this weekend

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Good shit guys. Sorry I missed this. I was beat ass tired last night.

Anyway, good shit. Proper questions, backed by great knowledge/answers.

Well done all.

And Ken, get it up and running, you'll like it I think. Again, a lil overwhelming at the begining. By the afternoon, you'll be bangin the options right out.

Good luck bro. And nice job all above! Dig it.

If you're 2-way + sub... then you're 3 way active and you want network. There's like... zero advantages of standard mode unless you just HAVE to have a fader.

You'll alos lose your sub level out in network, but you can always use a knob for that. No worries.

technically you don't loose sub level control at all, just adjust dB level on the "LOW" in Network mode, same thing just doesn't have its own menu option like in Standard mode

the last option you pick is what comes up first, so leave Network 1 on "LOW" and enter Network 2 and then you are just hitting two buttons to get to "sub level" or "LOW" dB level

I don't use knobs and thats what I do

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

If you're 2-way + sub... then you're 3 way active and you want network. There's like... zero advantages of standard mode unless you just HAVE to have a fader.

You'll alos lose your sub level out in network, but you can always use a knob for that. No worries.

technically you don't loose sub level control at all, just adjust dB level on the "LOW" in Network mode, same thing just doesn't have its own menu option like in Standard mode

the last option you pick is what comes up first, so leave Network 1 on "LOW" and enter Network 2 and then you are just hitting two buttons to get to "sub level" or "LOW" dB level

I don't use knobs and thats what I do

Semantics!

But you're right. Still clunky. And annoying. Really my only beef with the 80.

I'd be interested to see if the low "shelf" is actually boosting from 0db or if it's all attenuation from +6 (or wherever it goes to).

Archived