Pro audio vs Components?

sourdsul

I don't know, I wish you could just have like 8 high end components in the front doors to hear over 155's.

In a perfect world.... i hear ya...

Would take a lot of power for the 8 sets also.

You see that PA's can get blow your ear hole out loud, on shit power......

thats how the AUDIOTISTICS van runs like 20 PA's on ONE amp.........

Sensitive as a mother fucker......... But,... with that, you sacrifice..........

speaking of the audiotistics van I hear those Rockford fosgate pa speakers sound pretty dam good obviously not like high end components but good for pa

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I don't know, I wish you could just have like 8 high end components in the front doors to hear over 155's.

In a perfect world.... i hear ya...

Would take a lot of power for the 8 sets also.

You see that PA's can get blow your ear hole out loud, on shit power......

thats how the AUDIOTISTICS van runs like 20 PA's on ONE amp.........

Sensitive as a mother fucker......... But,... with that, you sacrifice..........

speaking of the audiotistics van I hear those Rockford fosgate pa speakers sound pretty dam good obviously not like high end components but good for pa

Thats what im hopin :)

IMG_1886_zpsc9e3f5a8.jpg

Big fan of pro audio...when it is done right. I'm not loud either. I like the dynamics and spooky sense of realism. Musical instruments sound like real instruments. But this is with under dash horns... and some people don't like horn cars either. The efficiency let's me use less power. Switching my 10" midbass to a pro audio next week. Should round out the system quite nicely. Plan on getting a 2nd 30 band eq on the first and I will have that shit on lock.

I can see why alot of people dislike them. I am baffled when people think they need 250 watts on a supertweeter; run four of them, and have no eq and 6 or 12 db slopes. Alot of the the pro audio mids have a peak in the 1.5-3k which makes them obnoxious. Most fall like a fucking meteor below 150 hz so that means zero midbass. You can compensate for all this by using eq, steep x-overs, and more cone area. When you start thinking they will behave like normal speakers is where you run into trouble.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Jon from SHCA had a whole shit load of high end comps for his truck, and I thought it would sound great... But I guess being that he switched to a shit ton of PWX's and super tweeters I guess even rainbows can't keep up with db's that high. Maybe Jon can chime in

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I never understood the obsession with PA components. Running a great set of components active was always more than enough for me. In my old charger (Rip) I had 2 custom built dc level 5s on 2 massive d8000s. Never needed pro audio to keep up with all dat bass. I understand that's not the same as people with SUVs or walls, but for my application that's what worked for me. Plus I had ID xs69 components.

Pro audio if effiecent, and if you have an awesome processor like the 360.3 it makes a world of difference. Like thescottishbear said, some people that run 8 supertweeters and 12 midbass drivers with no DSP or proper tuning at all kind of give it a bad rap.

Not every pro audio speaker is created equal just like not every component set is equal....you get what you pay for....most people have only heard very limited pro audio set ups by a company who doesn't specialize in pro audio and then base it off of that, be kinda like me saying I heard a pair of some $30 sony explode components and saying so they must sound like a top of the line set of Hertz or H.A.T.S or what ever your flavor is since they all sound the same right?

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

The thing about PA speakers is they are designed to work in a different environment than a car. Go to a concert like say the eagles. The PA's sound phenomenal in that situation. But of course they have the equipment and experience to get the sound they want. Plus the PA's are in cabinets and have lots of other drivers to round out the sound.

A car is a hostile environment for audio. It's tough enough to get good sound from good components designed for cars let alone a speaker designed to do something in an outdoor environment.

Not every pro audio speaker is created equal just like not every component set is equal....you get what you pay for....most people have only heard very limited pro audio set ups by a company who doesn't specialize in pro audio and then base it off of that, be kinda like me saying I heard a pair of some $30 sony explode components and saying so they must sound like a top of the line set of Hertz or H.A.T.S or what ever your flavor is since they all sound the same right?

They definitely don't all sound the same. I spent around 575 for my three way frontstage and I would be willing to bet that a conventional component set would have a similar level of sound quality and most likely need little to no eq. You can add the processing on top of that cost but I wouldn't trade it for the world. That and the technology is 20 years old. Call me nostalgic. lol I would like to go the traditional route with my next setup but having a speaker that can play from 800hz to 20k, requires almost zero wattage (10-50 watts), and little to none fabrication to install is making that difficult.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived