Pro audio vs Components?

sourdsul

I don't know, I wish you could just have like 8 high end components in the front doors to hear over 155's.

In a perfect world.... i hear ya...

Would take a lot of power for the 8 sets also.

You see that PA's can get blow your ear hole out loud, on shit power......

thats how the AUDIOTISTICS van runs like 20 PA's on ONE amp.........

Sensitive as a mother fucker......... But,... with that, you sacrifice..........

speaking of the audiotistics van I hear those Rockford fosgate pa speakers sound pretty dam good obviously not like high end components but good for pa

Thats what im hopin :)

IMG_1886_zpsc9e3f5a8.jpg

They sound pretty damn good to me, hopefully better once I get my 80prs tuesday ;)

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Pro audio for 160s+ daily for me, components worked good for awhile now just can't keep up unless I ran a bunch of them, why not pro audio at that point, cheaper and will produce the response I need to keep up with high SPL.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Pro audio for 160s+ daily for me, components worked good for awhile now just can't keep up unless I ran a bunch of them, why not pro audio at that point, cheaper and will produce the response I need to keep up with high SPL.

Yep...

unless your ALPINE i guess..... (lol.. just horsing around bro)

But,.. i feel you. Its no secret, that the UPPER installs use PA's.. and, for good reason..... They DO have their place.

And, as the bear has shown, they can in fact, sound decent........

I don't really care what people think, I honestly like the sound of some pro audio. People can talk to me about why components are better, sound better, better midbass but personally...I like the way they sound. Some just sound very nice, easy on the price, and make it super easy to keep up with a loud sub stage. I haven't hit 60s yet but even at 56 legal sealed components weren't doing it for me. Of course I could spend $500+ or I could spend a small fraction of that and still sound good to me.

Now this is simply my opinion. Everyone's hearing is different, and for some PAs probably do sound bad. Doesn't bother me because to me it sounds good. And the work to make PAs sound good isn't that excessive. Just a little bit of work can have great results.

I see the truth of this coming down to goal. My goal is to have something sound great, get really loud, and not rape my wallet. PAs work for me

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yep...

But,.. i feel you. Its no secret, that the UPPER installs use PA's.. and, for good reason..... They DO have their place.

Just wait my friend. I am upgrading my midrange and midbass speakers to pro audio to create a truly diabolical 3 way. It should have frightening dynamics and sound amazing. Did someone say a 12" fullrange in the kickpanels? "What's that?; 15" midbass speakers? Surely you cant be serious. I am serious; and don't call me Shirley.

The midrange should be here tomorrow. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Yep...

Just wait my friend. I am upgrading my midrange and midbass speakers to pro audio to create a truly diabolical 3 way. It should have frightening dynamics and sound amazing. Did someone say a 12" fullrange in the kickpanels? "What's that?; 15" midbass speakers? Surely you cant be serious. I am serious; and don't call me Shirley.

The midrange should be here tomorrow. :)

Love it...

and love IT

http://youtu.be/0A5t5_O8hdA

• 1 month later...

Great info extremely helpful have been contemplating pro audio vs components. And has helped me decide

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Given my type of install and power ... I'd be willing to be that my component front stage would be able to keep up with 150 db plus with no problems ... I just feel that I do not need that much bass for my system.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Given my type of install and power ... I'd be willing to be that my component front stage would be able to keep up with 150 db plus with no problems ... I just feel that I do not need that much bass for my system.

IT definitely seems to boil down to personal preference. Some people want to hurt your ears with their PA drivers...while others will stick to the warm low end response you get from components. I personally will stick with components. But just my opinion.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Archived