Jump to content

RF T2 Components... Need Amp Recommendation/Wiring help


get_us

Recommended Posts

Posted

I can only share my experience. If I had a 2nd set and was running them all passively I wouldn't hesitate to put both sets on this amp.

I plan to run then active with a 3sixty.3.... So does this change things?

Posted

Hell no! buy a few big RF amps, headroom is always better! DD-1 them and rock out. Do these speakers get loud? Yes... But they sound way better active rather than passive of a great HU or EQ of some sort. The speakers handle more than rated and wouldn't run anything less than a T400-4. No matter what you will like it just depends on what your final goal is. Mine has some real Nice SQ going on and I start out Passive, after going active off the 80PRS is was louder & clearer. Just my 2 cents!

Posted

What about a Fosgate Power Series T400-2?? It is what I run for my 6.5" components ...

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Posted

Yep! Great amp for mids drivers! I was thinking about getting one when I upgrade to T3s and let the T400-4 run the tweeters. More power for sure always but if running passive to much power for the tweeters!

Posted

What does passive/active running mean?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Passive means that the crossover is wired in line with the components, active means that either the amp or pre amp does the work of crossing over.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Posted

OK, I decided to order a T600.4.... Here is the Birth Sheet!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/reewvjkcp9d56y2/temp_5.jpg

I also ordered me up a SMD DD-1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3enbgksg3somne/temp_3.jpg

I'm taking the family out on the boat wake boarding for fathers day tomorrow and plan to DD-1 the amps on my boat.... Haven't had a chance to hook up T600.4 yet but it looks amazing and is so heavy it feels real nice!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzs7n5rt1cgaxlp/temp_7.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...