Kicker Haters - Please Enter!

And for the sake of the argument like hdorre said above^ , im not a total RF fan boy. And im not going to tell someone rockford is the best overrall brand. some People have specific needs and specific purposes that some of their favorite brands cant supply. And im also open to more brands, im not just stuck in one. Thats a main reason why im running audioque door speakers, and probably not getting a RF sub. Theres alot of things better out there i know. Lol

bullshit your not a nut hugger, your fucking name is fosgatelife

Okay i was a RF nuthugger about the FIRST YEAR i started getting into audio,.. 3 years ago, because my whole family ran it and nothing else. Once i hit up the internet and actually did some research, well shit i learned alot. Especially on this forum. I personally am in love with RF amps and always will be. I dont see myself doing a huge ass build with more than 2.5k watts so i have no use for another brand as log as i can get it cheap. I will almost never buy anything new from RF mainly because its a little overpriced. BUT, you're grtting the quality for the overpriced so i think the reward is greater. I realize there are ALOT better companies out there dont frt me wrong, RF is just my brand. Always liked it, always will... Unless they start putting their shit in walmart.

A least im not a total completley up RF's ass, and at least it's a brand i can be proud of and is respected

Anyways replying to another reply on page 1... A Solo x motor is a great one, but i was talking Non-Neo.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

My reason was from about ~3 years ago, we were dealing through Kicker direct at the shop. When we were needing some subs for a build we called them to order them, they told us directly "Well, we are out but Amazon has them for cheaper anyway". Not a big fan of a business with no more dealer loyalty than that. I have no real issue with the product, obviously wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not a terrible product.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I have owned two Kicker CVR 8 subs...they seemed to like to go boom boom rather than actually reproduce a bass line.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Back in the late 90's i went to school at osu stillwater. I got a good deal on some old stock comp 12" and and an alpine v12. They absolutely destroyed the old granada i put them in. I loved them! So when i recently wanted to get back into the hobbie i went back to them and got 15"s this time thinking they would be badass. Long story short i was so disapointed 3 months later i ordered 2 re audio sxx15". Im now happy with my system but i am waiting on the new smd 15's to come out so i can be at the top of the heap again. In retrospect my opinion is the fanboys may have some experiance with old kicker equipment witch deserved respect, or no experiance with any descent equipment. But the point is that kicker is not putting out the quality that they once were known for.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

I like my mids and Zx750.1 because I got them for cheap, but every setup I've ever heard with kicker stubs had the nastiest reproduction ever. Also, I can't take a 1500w RMS sub with a 2.75 inch coil seriously.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I've had comps and cvr 12's i thought they were ok until I discovered forums. At the time I was running a single cvr 12 I swapped it for a single DD 1512 same box. That night I drove up the driveway my wife commented how much cleaner it sounded she thought it wasn't my car, she didnt know i changed subs. Sold my cvr's shortly after that.

To me they are built like tanks and handle power good but are just muddy and sloppy when it comes to music with faster beats and dynamic passages, even in a sealed box.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

i have run 12inch l7s , 15 inch l7s , 12 inch cvx, and 1 15 cvr in My cars there upper line of speakers (cvx L5 L7 solo x) all do really well they move plenty of air and make some pressure but alot of people dont like anything mainstream Price is probably there biggest downfall as with the other hated company which makes quality products as well (JL) your paying for a Brand , they just cost to much

as ive never had any problems with there subs sure there are lot of brands better for your same money but ive never had any problem with them

run a kicker 750.1 amp now and a few others in the past the amps are even better than the speakers

True that.. a guy at an audioshop thought his 2 solo x l7 15's were the hardest hitting subs in the region.. to bad my 2 sundown sa12's in a 4cu. Ft. Slot ported box destroyed them lol. Then I switchesdit up to alpine type r 15s just cause I like the sound of the 15's.

Umm did he have L7's or Solo X's because they're 2 TOTALLY different woofers bro

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I do like their amps but they are to pricy for the power they put out honestly

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

well, If you live in a 3rd world country,it is easier to get these Mainstream brands than buying the non-mainstream brands(shipping fee)

only downside is, their products feel cheap to the hands(some separates in my experience )....... except the amps though.

IwCCla0.png

1993 Toyota Corolla

:)

Archived