1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Stereo Integrity, Ground Zero, Soundstream

This is the first time I have seen your build!! Great work! I wish I could do some of the things you achieved like making those nice apillars and that sexy custom box!

Just out of curiousity, why are you selling the Leviathan? I would guess you are upgrading but to what? I mean, Zed is almost top of the line as is.

Thanks man. You can do it, it just takes time. Trial and error.

I want to try out Ground Zero amps.

I see. Loading poly would lower Fb so that wouldn't help I dont think. To me it looks great, but everyone has their preference of what they like. I don't really listen to anything above 45hz so it suits me fine.

If you cared, you could shrink down the volume and see if that raises Fb enough to level it out some. I know it is a heavy bish and wouldn't be fun to do a bunch of testing but since there aren't many built there isn't anything to go off of except playing around with it.

Yeah, stuffing wouldn't help here. For your listening preferences, this is an amazing driver. Shrinking the volume would raise the peak at a rate of 3-5x (just guessing, but it's probably close) faster than Fb raised, based on everything I've seen so far. This driver isn't like normal drivers. She wants to play low.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Have you thought about trying it ib?

I just think you're going to have a hard time reselling that for anywhere close to what it cost you.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Have you thought about trying it ib?

I just think you're going to have a hard time reselling that for anywhere close to what it cost you.

IB would mean C pillar wall, and I'd have to get pretty creative with bracing. Don't want to do all that work, or I'd just do a ported C pillar. It's been tough selling, you're right. A couple people here and there, but not a whole lot.

:( wish I could hear it before it goes gone...

Sorry bro, but I gotz ta do sumfin different.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

So took the Levi out, sending it to get fixed tomorrow.

About to hurt my resale value, but people should know:

Now, I've always had noise in this Blazer since I put everything in. High pitched whine that would vary frequency, like alt whine but would be there even with the car off and wasn't consistent with alt speed. Just figured it was the wires being so close to batteries, or possibly some bad ground, or maybe the HU. So I uninstalled the Levi, and here's my temp setup (don't worry about the wires, I know, it's only temporary. I think keep_hope_alive would throw up and/or pass out if he saw this in person):

18BC234C-F0E7-43CC-BBFF-E9D0E9114D6A_zps

Amp leaning literally ON the battery. And guess what? ZERO noise.

Now, it's possible that a stray solder could have both caused the noise and led to the channel cutting out. Honestly, based on other reports I've seen, I'm hesitant to believe that.

• 2 weeks later...
So new setup will be:

1x Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII

1x Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII

2x Ground Zero GZHA 1.1850DXII

3x Dayton Audio HO 12"

2x Stereo Integrity TM65 (going to compare to Exodus Anarchy and decide which to run)

Of course, that's if anyone will buy the Zed, DC, or SHD. Buy my amps people!

were are you getting the GZ stuff from?

Guy named Scott. He's the U.S. distributor. Met him at Heat Wave last year, cool dude. Let me know if you want his info.

So new setup will be:
3x Dayton Audio HO 12"
2x Stereo Integrity TM65 (going to compare to Exodus Anarchy and decide which to run)

Try FB dude, There's a group called Slang my Bang or something like that, people buy/trade/sell like crazy in there

Lots of dudes who think Kicker is the best-est over there though, make sure you explain how awesome a Tantric SHD 24 is

I've also seen some knowledgeable people in there though

I check that page out when I'm in need of lulz sometimes because you see a lot of "Getting 5k :db: amp this weekend, is Stock electrical ok or do I HAVE to do Big3? I don't want my lights dimming at all." kind of questions. :slayer:

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

So new setup will be:

3x Dayton Audio HO 12"

What's with the Dayton audio? I haven't heard much good or bad from them.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt