Rolling Thunder Upgrade from 2 SK-2500.1's to 2 SK-3500.1's

They were protecting when he got on it, is what he means.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

They were protecting when he got on it, is what he means.

yeah strapped swapped master to slave then back still protecting then unstrapped gain matched still the same scenario...

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

I don't understand why they'd be protecting at 2ohm strapped if that's what the 2500's were strapped at, or unstrapped for that matter, something doesn't seem right.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Fuck that, send those amps back Will, there is no reason for you to be out $2200 over some amps that dont put out the power they should.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Sounds like bad amps. Something screwed up with the protect circuit. That would definitely be a warranty issue

^^^^ - this

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I fronted Will the amps for the swap, so he isn't out anything :-), nonetheless seemed strange to us as well, we should figure it out and get you new 3500's because in theory they should work where the 2500's are strapped. Not sure what is possibly going on with the 2 we sent, but I have no issue swapping them.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

I fronted Will the amps for the swap, so he isn't out anything :-), nonetheless seemed strange to us as well, we should figure it out and get you new 3500's because in theory they should work where the 2500's are strapped. Not sure what is possibly going on with the 2 we sent, but I have no issue swapping them.

my personal theory on it, since i tend to be involved in the truck alot, is that maybe the 3500's want something a little different as far as impedance goes, that maybe the 2500's are just a little less sensitive to. i personally feel that the 3500's should be great amps in just about any install. of course, we also have to realize that the enclosure in the truck was never really intended for the level of equipment that is currently in it. the reactive load in this install is so stupid low, that i think its just right on the verge of what will work and what wont.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

it's cool bro, I'm just gonna keep my 2500's they're doing a great job powering my subs, so it's all good either way a SKAR win for me still gettin down still efficient as hell...

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

If they will send you 2 more 3500s to try out, I would at least give it a shot. I have seen amps come out of the box that test out fine on the bench, but just get a little screwy when installed. Usually something in the protection circuit is bad that doesnt show up until you start trying to turn it up. You should see a small gain if you can get the 3500s to work correctly. Also I would try adding dual inputs for the amps if you havent already. Everytime I have added duals, I have seen a .4-.5db gain.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1