Tried searching for this, but all I could find was people tinting the color of their plastidip. I'm wondering about spraying plastidip on top of the 5% tint that's already on my back windows and rear window. Will it affect the tint and make it peel or anything? Anybody have any experience with this?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Just out of curiosity.. why?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Only thing I'd be concerned about is the solvent in the 'dip causing the tint's adhesive to break down or something.

plasti dip isn't petroleum based so it shouldn't do anything to the adhesive of the tint. also as previously stated, why? you can barely see out of 5% so what would the plasti dip do that your tint already isn't.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Only thing I'd be concerned about is the solvent in the 'dip causing the tint's adhesive to break down or something.

This is what I was worrying about, didn't want the plastidip to cause the tint to come undone

Did it in the civic and it's been fine for 4 months now

And this is what I was looking for. Thank you :)

And I want to plastidip on top of it because I originally got the tint a while ago when I was still working out of the trunk. Have a wall now and my purtty little 9k is sitting across the top/back. You can begin to see in through the tint if you catch it at the right angle with the right light sometimes and the top portion of the rear window also isn't tinted because it's all bumpy/perforated/whatever the word I'm looking for is so some light barely comes in through there. Just wanting to go ahead and completely black it out since I can't see out of it from the inside anymore but didn't wanna ruin the tint should I ever get rid of wall (lol yeah right)

How are you going to

Get to it if the Wall's there? Lol

The wall's still a work in progress. I know I should've researched wall building beforehand but I ended up doing it different than the majority of everybody else's walls. No shell, but a 3 layer thick box for the subs with a wooden face trimmed out to fit against the headliner/rear doors and then 2 boxes for the 4 6.5s at the top of the wall sitting right on top of the sub box. So there's still room behind the mid boxes to get to the rear window/deck area

Yea and the sun may start to fade anything you got kinda sitting right up in the window so plastidip should be a nice addition

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Archived