While im waiting on the alt I figured I would build a burp box to see if I can't increase my overall spl. If you have seen the threads I have been going over a bunch of different ideas but Im going to go with a simple slot port because I know how to build and design those. Here is the torres and sketch up of the plans. Hopefully I cant get it started this Sunday and finished.

SPLBox_zpsjnfxiwyz.png

SPLBox2_zpsx66fjltu.png

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

• 4 weeks later...

bumping this in my content to see you catch that 45. I know you got it in you. Super solid equipment.

like I said in the status comment, start playing with little shit in the car. if not that, try some stuff on the box, like rounding the corners with PVC, or dipping the volume in the box with 2x4's, in the dead corners.

A little question, how good is your seal job? There's no spare tire well running under your box creating dead space is there?

A local guy to me, a trunk king of sorts in Oklahoma, James Carroll, ran a sentra that was louder unsealed, firing forward, with the trunk open. Just a thought to try.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yeah my friend said we should put some 2x4's on the side wall to drop the net volume and raise the tuning. Under the box there is a tire well but I put a sheet of wood under the box to completely seal it off. There is no air leaking into the back at all, its all going forward. Im sure once that Singer alt is installed that will help. If I dont hit the 45 tomorrow.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

I'm hoping you do buddy. Are the side trims removeable?

Just something small to test to see what happens. I sadly never got to try on my car. You don't have a rear battery do you? That seemed to help me alot, even though my grounds were AWFUL. Getting the rear battery charged up nice helped me a ton on my burps. Unsure of what your voltage drops to, but it'd be a solid addition if it could be budgeted...especially when you pick up a 3500 used once the 4500's go on sale :)

I hope so haha. No the side pieces are not removable. I was thinking today about getting a second battery and thats definitely doable. Im not sure what I drop to, I need to get a new voltmeter. I want to get another BL 15 and as soon as I find a deal or suck it up and buy one new Ill be doing that.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

ehhh spend the sub money on electrical first lol. I fucked up and had to run setup at half power for a long while because of that. Single sub doing nice numbers from the trunk are a lot more impressive anyway :)

too bad you didn't use aero's or PVC ports. That was part of my gain, the singer alt, and flaring PVC ends on my ports. Uninverted the sub to take up more box volume, deadened one rear door too...port side :D

Big XS power guy, but if you have a NAPA store local...their group 31 AGM's are roughly $215ish.... 3 year warranty too. Had a part number, but I forgot. XP2000 worked out great for me, it's a group 24 so the local autozone had a battery box that fit it perfectly.

Im thinking about building yet another box and doing PVC ports. Im just not good with designing boxes with aero/pvc ports. I wanted to invert the sub but with the seat up it would hit the mids/highs amp. Im probably going to get another D3400 if I get another battery.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

hop in my old build log, or my photobucket, the Tantric HD 15 box was 4ish cubes with 2 6's, about the same size as that box you have. Inverted looks cool, and works great for cooling lol. Had the same problem with leaving it inverted, seats wouldn't fold up without hitting amps. Same problem regular mount though.

Alright will do. Im also going to comb through some old aero port threads to see if I can find anything.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400

Today was the final day of the competition and my goal was to go from a 144.8 to a 145. Well I did better than that. I ended up with a 146.5db @ 29hz. I am completely content with that score.

98EFBA0E-A19E-4433-AE43-C0C8EB5655B9_zps

Its hard to see because of the glare but here is the termlab results.

88E417DE-41B9-40E6-9394-E33FACE8F0C7_zps

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400