SnowDrifter Posted July 21, 2013 Report Posted July 21, 2013 Issue with smacking it in place with a hammer is that the glue that holds the magnets in place has already failed. Just because you can get it in place doesn't mean it will stay in place ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
tacomaguy1 Posted July 21, 2013 Report Posted July 21, 2013 Cut it apart to make sure the motor is even sshifted.....they come from China and they don't always line the slugs up that great or theyre slightly different sizes. I've seen them like that and be just fine Team Flex Issues
Nikitaaa Posted July 21, 2013 Report Posted July 21, 2013 Cut it apart to make sure the motor is even sshifted.....they come from China and they don't always line the slugs up that great or theyre slightly different sizes. I've seen them like that and be just fine I was thinking the same thing. None of the subs I've had have lined up perfectly and always had some difference in width. 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
Swordlordboy1234 Posted July 22, 2013 Author Report Posted July 22, 2013 For those curious. The american bass XFL's got me louder then my ZVX's. Also metered my car for the first time yesterday. It was hot as fuck here. 92+ in central Texas. Highlights are... - on the dash driver window down. 143.6 on Airforces, above a 143 the whole run 30 sec - voltage dropped to 12.6 144.3 on the dash @ 43hz - Voltage dropped down to about 12.2 - in the kick, driver door open 144.2 on Airforces, down to 143.9 after 30 sec. - voltage dropped to 12.4 (due maybe a more worn out battery after 20 minutes of testing LOL) 145.7 in the kick @ 43hz - voltage dropped to 12.0. That was one of my last tests. I am debating if I want to modify the box slightly to get that score higher before heatwave. I don't plan on being super competitive, I'm just happy to go to my first competition. But those XFL's are half the size of my ZVX's and are louder and take the power WAY better. They want more! Way more. A skar 2500 at .5ohms can't satisfy two of them. Time for more power. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
bighossf150 Posted July 22, 2013 Report Posted July 22, 2013 Told ya man the xfl's are beasts for the price Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Swordlordboy1234 Posted July 22, 2013 Author Report Posted July 22, 2013 Told ya man the xfl's are beasts for the price No doubt for the price. I think on better electrical (13+v) and on a 3500 they would be happy. They are laughing at my skar right now. Like you said. I don't think they are my end all to be all woofer. I think my next goal is a AA havoc 12, but I'm very happy I made this purchase. They don't murder your bank and get very loud.. And they get 6hz lower then the ZVX's in the same box. Zero modifications. ...... YET. I still think there is something wrong with it. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
n8ball2013 Posted July 22, 2013 Report Posted July 22, 2013 Exactly the xfl is really shapping up to be a great driver THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Swordlordboy1234 Posted July 22, 2013 Author Report Posted July 22, 2013 Exactly the xfl is really shapping up to be a great driver Pretty much. I wish I had the OFC, and better batteries and a real alternator so I could give them what they really want. They move like less then an inch on a 2500 at .5. Where my ZVX's would bottom out. Wtf? Lol. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
bighossf150 Posted July 22, 2013 Report Posted July 22, 2013 Exactly the xfl is really shapping up to be a great driverPretty much. I wish I had the OFC, and better batteries and a real alternator so I could give them what they really want. They move like less then an inch on a 2500 at .5. Where my ZVX's would bottom out. Wtf? Lol. All for less than half the price of the zvx's glad you finally saw the light bro, now let's get a bc3500 or dc3.5k in there and you will be set Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
CHEVY4X4BLAZER Posted July 22, 2013 Report Posted July 22, 2013 I'm glad it all worked out for you buddy! (y)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.