Fuse charge wires or not?

Still not protecting anything. If you want to cover your base go ahead, but it's useless in my opinion.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Still not protecting anything. If you want to cover your base go ahead, but it's useless in my opinion.

Capture_zps9e33cc82.png

fuse any power wire at the batter even the smalles lengths can find there way to a short...

And how many times did GM put an inline fuse between alternator and battery? Out of the 13 cars I've owned only three were not GM. I'm ok with following their lead

Been doing some research on weather or not I should fuse my 2 charge wires from My Alt to the front battery. I have got a mixed bag of answers. The wires are around 20 inches long.

What do you think? Thanks.

When in doubt, err on the side of caution.

a few $8 fuse blocks is worth it.

It's Easy to think of reasons why you Wont need it but anything can happen in audio .....

"Walmart Where Car Audio Is Both Funny and Sad" "The weak are meat, and the strong do eat..."

This is very true ^^^

If you're confident in your abilities then pick. If you're not, just fuse.

Well, I went without fuses. They are like 18" pieces. I may decide to fuse a bit later when I get more blocks. There is not much there that could pinch unless like said the truck got totaled which I hope never happens.

Archived