Fuse charge wires or not?

Been doing some research on weather or not I should fuse my 2 charge wires from My Alt to the front battery. I have got a mixed bag of answers. The wires are around 20 inches long.

What do you think? Thanks.

I never fuse from the alternator to the front battery, of course you could be safe and cover your bases but I see it as completely useless. If there were to be some form of defect, malfunction, or issue with the alternator it would most likely be a voltage issue, which is not protected against with the fuse. Your choice, but I have never fused alt to battery.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Fuse it. I'm not sure why people don't fuse alt to battery, but you should.

If you get in a fender bender or a collision, you don't want something to shift, pinch the wire, then have a car fire

I never fuse from the alternator to the front battery, of course you could be safe and cover your bases but I see it as completely useless. If there were to be some form of defect, malfunction, or issue with the alternator it would most likely be a voltage issue, which is not protected against with the fuse. Your choice, but I have never fused alt to battery.

True, if you are only speaking about the alt. But the issue is the battery it's connected to. Should it short out, it's the battery that will be causing an overload on the wire

No fuse.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire