Sundown Audio

looking for 2k or similar that can handle .5 ohm

MACnonsence6

No way is that plan is going to work out, between the amp not putting out 4k @ .5 ohm to start. Box rise and the stupid amout of electrical to support it, There is no way that is going to happen. You should just buy a 4k amp

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

crossfire c51700d?

I see people running them at .25 daily....

strong strong amps

I now it can do 3k+ at .5

probably the most you can get at .5 from any amps in the 2k field

Ummm then why did you make a thread about what kind power you'll see if now your saying 3k..

the reason being to stay in a lower class comp wise. as well as the surprise factor when someone things there only hearing 2k rms when really its double that. ik theres a few other factors that come into play im just trying to get an idea of a quality 2k that can do that

being that power generally doubles everytime you half the resistance wouldnt the next stop for a 2k rms @ 1 ohm be close to 4 at half that? if im wrong tell me but when you look at the rated power of any amp thats the general rule of thumb

You're not going to double power with a halving of impedance. Never going to happen. In my experience, it's more like a quartering of impedance. As in... 1 ohm to .25.

No 2k @1ohm amp is gonna do 4k @.5. The more I read your posts, the more I realize how little knowledge you have. 1200 posts on SMD, you haven't learned shit? Really?

I've owned several "2k" amps that do well over 4k. Just sayin...

the reason being to stay in a lower class comp wise. as well as the surprise factor when someone things there only hearing 2k rms when really its double that. ik theres a few other factors that come into play im just trying to get an idea of a quality 2k that can do that

being that power generally doubles everytime you half the resistance wouldnt the next stop for a 2k rms @ 1 ohm be close to 4 at half that? if im wrong tell me but when you look at the rated power of any amp thats the general rule of thumb

You're not going to double power with a halving of impedance. Never going to happen. In my experience, it's more like a quartering of impedance. As in... 1 ohm to .25.

No 2k @1ohm amp is gonna do 4k @.5. The more I read your posts, the more I realize how little knowledge you have. 1200 posts on SMD, you haven't learned shit? Really?

I've owned several "2k" amps that do well over 4k. Just sayin...

Curious to know?

Ok so here is the deal, you are going to wire to .5 ohm and never see .5 ohm. I am not going to try and explain impedance rise because that is pointless to try and explain to you if you dont already have a basic grasp of this stuff.

You are looking to wire to .5ohm, but you need to be looking for an amp that will do 4k at 1-1.5 ohms. If you want this, then you need to be looking into a 5k amplifier and quit dreaming.

Ok so here is the deal, you are going to wire to .5 ohm and never see .5 ohm. I am not going to try and explain impedance rise because that is pointless to try and explain to you if you dont already have a basic grasp of this stuff.

You are looking to wire to .5ohm, but you need to be looking for an amp that will do 4k at 1-1.5 ohms. If you want this, then you need to be looking into a 5k amplifier and quit dreaming.

^^^ real talk.

Archived