Sundown Audio

CT Sounds 7000.1

BassMunky

They're not going to be on the market for another month and a half, so no, I doubt anyone except for Coleman himself has tried them out yet.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ami Customs already has his hands on one

I have two already. I'm just waiting on the other amps I'm including in the roundup.

Please include me in the results of your tests. :morepower1:

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

I wonder if I should do the ct sounds 7000.1 or a dd m4a wat u guys think

If you want to wait about a week, I'm actually going to test these two amps head to head. Along with a couple other 6-7k's.

But to answer the OP... I ran the CT 7k's at finals. They do work.

You ever get any testing done? I am wondering the actual output of this amp

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I wonder if I should do the ct sounds 7000.1 or a dd m4a wat u guys think

If you want to wait about a week, I'm actually going to test these two amps head to head. Along with a couple other 6-7k's.

But to answer the OP... I ran the CT 7k's at finals. They do work.

You ever get any testing done? I am wondering the actual output of this amp

I'm wondering the same on the CT

Thanks

yes he did, here is a quote from another forum....

"Wrap up.

Ok, so recap and in order of power made.

CT Sounds 7k - 7,930w - 158.6db.

American bass 750.1 - 7,100w - 158.2db

Digital Designs M4a - 6,490w - 158.0db

JBL Crown 6000 - 6,400w - 158.2db

Popcorn Sounds 6k - 5,700w - 157.1db.

Not surprisingly, the amp that made the most power was the loudest. What is surprising (to some) is the amp that's 4th out of 5 in terms of apparent power was tied for 2nd in score. There's something to be said for A/B topology there. Even though I think it's some sort of hybrid.

Dollar per watt/score... I'll have to begrudgingly give the nod to the Popcorn. Even though I don't know how much they are. Assuming they're $800 or so? That's 14 cents a watt. Which is 3 cents cheaper than the CT. But I'd trust the CT waaaaaaaaay more than a Popcorn. The other (3) come in at ~ 22-23 cents per watt. Still a bargain for the quality of amp you're getting, IMO.

My thoughts...

CT Sounds - solid performer. Made the same power at 10.5 dcv as it did ~ 14v. This is great news for battery guys. That puts it in DD territory as far as low voltage beastliness. It's also a big bish if you're into that kinda thing. The white is clean but makes scuffs, scratches, smudges stick out like a **** on a fish. The pots on this amp were the "cheapest" of the bunch. I don't care for the plastic Phillips head pots. It's not a deal breaker. Just an observation. bass knob/Voltmeter also earns bonus points from me. It has a clipping indicator on it too, but it's not of much use. It started flickering around 40acv when it made over double that clean. No surprise there since I've been telling y'all forever that those things are just a light show.

Side note on the CT: it's the only amp here with triple inputs. Ryan only had (2) spare leads so we tested it first with just duals. But we agreed to test all the amps the way they were designed. Fwiw... The 3rd input was worth .2 on the meter.

AB 750.1. I've got love for the VFL's. What I don't care for is AB's ratings of them. They've seemingly gone to "max" power ratings. The amps are solid enough. They don't need inflated rating to sell them. Do they? Bonus points for the AB being 18v stable. It would walk these others once you get past the 16v CT and 15.2v DD. But... That doesn't help the 12v guys. It's also a big ass amp physically. It dwarfs the M4a in size, but not so much in score. Still way up there on my recommend list even though I feel like it underperformed here. Most efficient of the bunch by what probably amounts to margin of error.

M4a... Oh how I love thee. Smallest amp in the bunch and perhaps a bit of an underdog in this one. It fell short of DD's 7k rating, but still made the most power per sq in of real estate. Low voltage monster. Bulletproof as they come. Doesn't like .25 much so it took a slower roll to get it there but it did fine. We tested the protection circuit pretty good finding the sweet spot on the roll. .35 is the lowest I'd recommend burping this one. Has the lowest operating voltage of all these amps. 15.2-15.3 or so is all you're likely to be able to run. Not a concern for 99% of people but its nice to have a little cushion in the voltage.

JBL Crown... This is one of those holy grail type amps. Its hyooooj. Entirely impractical. Not so efficient and 1,000% awesome. Do want. This test absolutely demolishes the efficiency myths floating around about this amp. It's really a gigantic, retardedly bad ass SQ amp. It's also a 2 channel so it was bridged here. It ALSO only has single inputs. And I'm now cursing the fact that we didn't test it with duals. Just might have caught that big white bish. This amp is just plain sex and the output test was just for funsies but it impressed me even though I've heard it before. This amp will be mine. Oh yes... It will be mine.

Popcorn Sounds... GFY.

Sunown NS-1 - Most expensive amp in the test. More optimized for high voltage operation so it was maybe at a disadvantage in this one. Still did well at 14v, but this one and the AB would really start stretching the others out with more voltage if that's your thing. This amp is basically an M4a that is operational to 19v. Which is awesome considering how much I like the M4a."

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived