Sonic Electronix

Dual 4s wired down to 1ohm?

Yes, Dual 4's at 1 ohm. The shop I got my amplifier installed the amp for me. Do you think I should have them re-tune it?

No...not retune. Rewire to a lower impedance or smaller box..much smaller box.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Yeah as others have said, you're running double RMS to them in a box that's on the bigger side of what's recommended. General rule of thumb is bigger box=less power, and smaller box when you're running more power than recommended

Edit: Basically, your box is big for them so they're moving a lot easier than they would in a smaller box that would constrict movement a little more. So they're already moving easier in a bigger box AND you're running more power to them so they're likely trying to move too much if that makes sense

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I don't even think it's that Cody. I think it's that he is running double the power to a sub and has TONS of air to them. OP, if you're going to run that much power to them, downsize that box. You may already have done some serious damage to the subs with your current setup.

I just wanted to quote that.

Box is way too damn big and you have too much power. Either get a smaller box or add a 3rd sub to your current box somehow.

Yes, Dual 4's at 1 ohm. The shop I got my amplifier installed the amp for me. Do you think I should have them re-tune it?

You mean wire up to 4 ohms? They'd be seeing crap for power then.

Turn the gain down. Find someone around you with a dd-1 or oscope. Or use the dmm method with some -0 db tone

You mean wire up to 4 ohms? They'd be seeing crap for power then.

Turn the gain down. Find someone around you with a dd-1 or oscope. Or use the dmm method with some -0 db tone

:blush:

Yep that lol Still, as big as the box is, the lower power from higher impedance is better than guessing the gain. 400ish to each on a 600 rms sub.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Archived