SMD Folding @ Home Team

the AMD's thermal threshold is 61deg?????!? My god, what do they run idle, like -10*C?? hahaha :D

My 3770k is the Ivy so it tends to run hot supposedly. I have fairly good ventilation though, and those massive phanteks help, 67*C was the hottest it's ever been before when I ran Folds all day yesterday, normally idles around 34*C. It says thermal threshold is around 102-105*C according to specs but I don't know for sure. I'm not sure where degradation jumps in, but I'm only running 1.152v so I'm not really worried about that much anyway. Even running 100% load 24/7 probably wouldn't get my temps to ever hit 70*C until summer gets here. I'm also not OCed anymore, but maybe I'll set it at 4.6GHz/1.3v for one day to see what I can reach for PPD then set it back lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Yeah, Core Temp says the Tj. Max for my i7 2600k is 98C, but it usually hoovers around mid 60's when folding. It's on one of those Antec 920 coolers.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Tj Max is the max temp before the built in thermal protection things start to kick in to save the CPU.

The GTX 580 hoovers around 75C which seems normal for it.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

SMD2mil_zps9028cb11.jpg

Congratulations team! We reached 2mil last night :drinks:

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

good shit guys! lets keep advertising. :)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

I hate you if it is. lol. I need to setup a few school comps to help boost my ppd. ;)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Setting up PC number 3 and 4 currently. These 2 rigs wont do much at all I dont think, but one is my old pc which I gave to my mom, and my old old pc which I gave to my stepdad after I gave my mom my old pc. If that makes sense.

He is a 2nd shifter so that one will only fold from 2pm til 11am daily once it hits idle, and my moms dont work due to back injuries and multiple back surguries so hers will be lucky to only fold from 12am- 11am or there abouts.

Also got my samsung chronos 7 running 100% 24/7, and once I get these old cards in my garage pc I should have another rig to run 24/7 along with my desktop when im not gaming on it, browing the web and what not I leave it go at max.

Possibly thinking about a semi decent toshiba satillite with a broken screen might need to get fired up to fold 24/7 as well haha

Setting up PC number 3 and 4 currently. These 2 rigs wont do much at all I dont think, but one is my old pc which I gave to my mom, and my old old pc which I gave to my stepdad after I gave my mom my old pc. If that makes sense.

He is a 2nd shifter so that one will only fold from 2pm til 11am daily once it hits idle, and my moms dont work due to back injuries and multiple back surguries so hers will be lucky to only fold from 12am- 11am or there abouts.

Also got my samsung chronos 7 running 100% 24/7, and once I get these old cards in my garage pc I should have another rig to run 24/7 along with my desktop when im not gaming on it, browing the web and what not I leave it go at max.

Possibly thinking about a semi decent toshiba satillite with a broken screen might need to get fired up to fold 24/7 as well haha

meter_animated.gif

haha, nice. Fold on :drinks:

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived