Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sealing off wall. Making progress


Awhitewookie

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright so you guys were the push to drive me to seal off this big box of mine

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175170-proud-moment-from-my-system/

This is were I am at so far

IMG_20130912_154213_245_zps5dbb5362.jpg

IMG_20130912_154237_553_zps560f672c.jpg

Now I am going to tape off all the edges with saran wrap etc so that I can remove the foam for whenever I need to remove everything.

The top right and left corners will be no problem.

What I need advice on is how to secure the top piece of mdf

IMG_20130912_162943_484_zps4f5b4dd8.jpg

I appreciate any help

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

attach a piece of mdf 3/4(or however thick the wood will be that you'll use on the trim piece) back from the edge on the top. So you can screw the pieces to it and it will sit flush

LIke you did on the sides...I assume you attached those to the 2x4's

Team Flex Issues

Posted

Yes I attached them today with screws. Didnt know how reliable just using glue would be. Looks like I will have an easy as hell time putting a c-clamp on the 2x4 and port to hold it till dry!

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

Thanks I appreciate the good word!

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Posted

mine is sealed the same way, I glassed the trim panels to the wall and put some foam weather stripping between the trim panels and the truck

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005202V/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

i dont like those to be honest if done right you shouldnt have to attach them to the front of your baffle. Makes it look like an afterthough to me. Now if you want to add them after for accent work so be it but i hate the look knowing what its being used for.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Appreciate the input guys! Helps a lot

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 958 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...