Second Skin Audio

SD-2 10's highest rms!

Is it because the magnet is bigger and wont fit properly back that far? Because the Sa's mounting depth "says" it's only a 1/4 inch longer than the CVR?

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

The SA-10s and the CVR's have very similar box requirements of 1.25cu^3. In fact kicker says that the CVR should have a min of 1.25, sundown says that the sa-10 should be between 1.0 and 1.25cu^3.

Food for thought?

only issue is the cvr's will fit and the SA-10's wont without a lot of work D: How much power can the SD-2 10's take?? I know Sundown Audio underrates their subs by a lot but i have a feeling wiring them at 1ohm on a SoundQubed 2200 might be too much for them lol, and theres no way i cant fit them under my seats the mounting depth is only 4.75"

so you still dont have enough depth for the sd's they are 5 5/8th deep ... i would just pay the extra money to get the sa-s in there

You can blow a sub with regular power if you don't understand enough about electricity. It becomes much more likely the higher over RMS.

And from the look of it you would need to do a bit of fabrication work to have the drivers fit. You may benefit the most by trying to get as money out of your equipment as you can and then buying what you need.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You can blow a sub with regular power if you don't understand enough about electricity. It becomes much more likely the higher over RMS.

And from the look of it you would need to do a bit of fabrication work to have the drivers fit. You may benefit the most by trying to get as money out of your equipment as you can and then buying what you need.

I have the power to back it up and don't people run single SA-10's on Sundown 2500 amps??

Not successfully. A 600 watt RMS coil taking over 4x the recommended power isn't the best of ideas.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I have the power to back it up and don't people run single SA-10's on Sundown 2500 amps??

Those are done by people who know what they're doing, usually have special soft parts like the spl recone, and it's usually for a burp, daily would get them hot real quick.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

jacob told me if you have it sealed box 700rms each thats what he told me, I run 2 sd-2 10d4 on a 05 t1000bd at 1ohm but I'm only feeding them around 800rms total because of my 90amp alt.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

A T1000 doing 1600 watts RMS?

OP, I would not give them that much power for daily ground pounding. Ratings are there for a reason. Even with rise and/or electrical it would still be just way too much IMO. 2x+ RMS is scary, that is if you want it to last.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

here mine playing some decaf

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Those are done by people who know what they're doing, usually have special soft parts like the spl recone, and it's usually for a burp, daily would get them hot real quick.

I think im just gonna go with the SD-2 on an SAZ 1200D

Archived