Sundown Audio

rockford 1200.1D is melting wires.

whatusay45

Damn, be careful of where you route your wires... Having a wire go through inside a belt path would scare the shit out of me.

Make sure you go ham on cleaning ALL of your ground spots, even if they are factory. Mine were complete shit grounds.

IMG_5036_zps8179d422.jpg

IMG_5038_zps9d4a7f77.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I know right but its a really tight fit.. i mean baddd.. i was reading this tutorial on the big three and that is how they did it. i literately have .5 inch of clearance if not less.. i ran the car for a little and it doesn't seem to rub. i was scared when i did it. i double checked the fit fit like 30 times... i will sand the grounds tomorrow morning

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=476823

Its looking good man!!!

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

Decided to tear up the install today.. and holy fuck it is a rats nest .. some shops manage to fuck up what seems to be retardedly easy.. welp there went me 100 bucks...

IMG_20131107_115853.jpg

After 20 min i got everything ripped out and now starting fresh again... 2 OFC 4 gauge grounds and 2 OFC positives..

IMG_20131107_120656.jpg

and its starting to look alot better..

IMG_20131107_120646.jpg

Cca could work..but what im seeing is your ground is really long. Ground should be 12" or less.. ground both amps to metal in the trunk as close to the amps as possible..if the amps accept bigger than 4 gauge change the wire to the biggest gauge possible with that amp. But try changing the grounds first..also check all power and ground connections could be building up resistance.. Lemmie kno if it works

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

• 2 weeks later...

Archived