Do tires really add a difference in ride?

All I know is that I went from the stock tires on my '03 Sierra to some really nice Michelin's. Riding quality went from road bumps being annoying to not being noticeable.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

More rubber = softer ride... Low pro 45's and you feel every bumb in the road, bigger (standard) tire and the rubber/air absorbs the bumps. I think the difference in name/price will show more in handling and wear, but not feel.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

More rubber = softer ride... Low pro 45's and you feel every bumb in the road, bigger (standard) tire and the rubber/air absorbs the bumps. I think the difference in name/price will show more in handling and wear, but not feel.

I'm running nexen 275/40/17 also have a 3/4 drop and it rides good until the rear end hits the bumper stops but that will be fixed when a 4in c-notch but other then that it rides good

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

I love my Coopers. I had Toyo on before and they where junk. Wore horribly, hydroplaned, rough ride, and noisy. NIGHT and DAY difference.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Yes brand to brand can change as tread patterns vary. As far as daily driving in dry climate you probably won't notice too much of a difference in riding comfort but as mentioned before you may hear a difference in rode noise (comparing new tire brand A to new tire brand B same "size" tires) but it's other weather conditions like rain, snow and sleet that certain brand WILL have a noticable difference in ride quality.

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I'm running nexen 275/40/17 also have a 3/4 drop and it rides good until the rear end hits the bumper stops but that will be fixed when a 4in c-notch but other then that it rides good

I'm not saying they won't ride good (low pros), just gonna feel more bumps than a standard tire. That's why folks like us slow down for manhole covers and train tracks ;)

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

my friend had 40 series tires and his shit was bumpy and you could feel everything.. on my truck i have 35 series and its smoother and has better handling.. though i have perelli tires. dont know if that helps but it dont feel like i have low profile tires.. on my expo i have falcon tires and rides smooth and good handling too

and the reason people slow down its because hitting a potholes or bumps is because the rims can break with small tire not because you feel the bumps

my friend had 40 series tires and his shit was bumpy and you could feel everything.. on my truck i have 35 series and its smoother and has better handling.. though i have perelli tires. dont know if that helps but it dont feel like i have low profile tires.. on my expo i have falcon tires and rides smooth and good handling too

and the reason people slow down its because hitting a potholes or bumps is because the rims can break with small tire not because you feel the bumps.

Do you really need me to explain how what you just said directly relates to what I am saying?

Archived