Jump to content

anyone tried the Crescendo CZ Series 6.5" 2 Way ?


Smoove

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, before i get bashed here. Lets get it straight. I cant stand kicker amps and subs. But their ks and Qs speakers are out standing. While i have heard several of the crescendos, i think the kicker ks series sound much better and get extreamly loud. I went threw some infinity's, Jbl and pioneer's that just couldnt stand the abuse. Then when i found out i had a old high school friend who worked at kicker, i decided to give them a shot. I was able to get get 2pr ks693's for less than the cost of 1pr in the store, i just had to try them. Glad i did, haven't regretted it for one minute. I have abused these things for 2 yrs now and they still sound great. Anyway just my two cents.

truthsayer

Posted

Finally got the CZ's installed. I think they sound pretty clean and they didn't seem to have the peakiness the Infinity's have. They aren't as loud as the infinity's, but that is probably beacause the CZ's are 4ohm and the infinity's are 2ohm. The midbass also has more kick. I am only running 75w to each door and they seem to want more power. I am happy with the CZ's. I will be buying 2 sets for the wife's Nitro when I start that project.

So they're completely worth the money in your opinion? I've always just ran $50 co-axials and am hoping to hear a huge difference with these being my first comp set

Posted

Ok, before i get bashed here. Lets get it straight. I cant stand kicker amps and subs. But their ks and Qs speakers are out standing. While i have heard several of the crescendos, i think the kicker ks series sound much better and get extreamly loud. I went threw some infinity's, Jbl and pioneer's that just couldnt stand the abuse. Then when i found out i had a old high school friend who worked at kicker, i decided to give them a shot. I was able to get get 2pr ks693's for less than the cost of 1pr in the store, i just had to try them. Glad i did, haven't regretted it for one minute. I have abused these things for 2 yrs now and they still sound great. Anyway just my two cents.

Comparing the KS to the CZ's might not be fair....the frequency response of the KS goes down to 35 hz while the CZ is only good down to 60. Also, the price range is almost 100 bucks more for the kickers. The KS might be a little more comparable to the Mezzo series.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Finally got the CZ's installed. I think they sound pretty clean and they didn't seem to have the peakiness the Infinity's have. They aren't as loud as the infinity's, but that is probably beacause the CZ's are 4ohm and the infinity's are 2ohm. The midbass also has more kick. I am only running 75w to each door and they seem to want more power. I am happy with the CZ's. I will be buying 2 sets for the wife's Nitro when I start that project.

How do the tweeter sound?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

I like the tweeter on the CZ , it's not ear piercing and sounds clean

Posted

I like the tweeter on the CZ , it's not ear piercing and sounds clean

Nice... Been looking at them and I think you just sold me on them...

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Thanks for the updates guys. I will most likely be ordering some up this weekend. What amp are you guys running them on? What kind of RMS? Keeping them at 4 ohms?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

I am running a punch 300s, so 75w x 2 @ 4ohm. I thinking about getting them more power :)

Posted

I wish they didn't stop making the CCX line. The new models are atrocious aesthetically.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

How is everyone's CZ set working out for them? Any issues?

Smoove you ever give them more power?

BigManAC any issues giving them 100 watts? (rated power)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1466 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...