how many batteries do i need?

solenoid only opens and closes a circuit when the remote wire turns it on or off.

Please tell me how this effects a voltage drop?

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

Increased resistance

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

IMO solenoids are just another draw or place that something can go wrong in the system. Kind of like small capacitors

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Here's A Question Can I Keep My Regular Bat Up Front And An Xs.Battery Or Two In The Back For The System And Have The Battery Up Front Strictly For The Vehicle Then My Batteries In The Rear For Only My System But Still Charge All Of One Alt?

how about.... just upgrade the stock as well and avoid a ton of confusion...

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

all i can say is wow!

Hey Im New At This So Im Trying To Ask Questions And Do It Right Instead Of Pretending To Know It All And Mess It All Up lol

dont worry he pretends to know it all..... .. the battery isolater is just so when you have your car off it separates your front and rear batteries so the front doesn't drain when you are playing your stereo with the car off.. just update your front battery with a agm with your rear and forget the battery isolater especially if you arent going to play the stereo for a long period of time with the car off .. your alt will charge both batteries as long as you have them connected together .. try not to use a regular battery and an agm together oh and battery isolater is just another place for resistance to occur when your cars running they usually do more harm then good... like i said they are pointless unless you run your stereo hours with the car off and have a small battery reserve

kenyel.... Team HT is one of the few people on here that you should listen to 99% of the time.

Might be coming off like an ass, but you should listen.

And you do seem a little self righteous btw.

If i were you, I would do the alt, with an upgraded stock battery, and a second battery in the back for extra reserve. Do both AGM's, no wet cell bullshit.

That's fine I don't have a issue with team ht he has a issue with me. every page I go to he is bashing me. The only thing I asked from team ht is to give me proof. this stems from other post that he didn't read through and jumped on me. I didn't pay him no attention he came for me.

cant have a conversation by saying that I give bad advice and don't prove it. I welcomed his convo. I only suggested the op can use a solenoid because he didn't want to hurt his bats. the only time he can hurt his bats if they stay connected when not in use. so I told him about a solenoid. If he wants to keep his bat in front for extra juice this is a option.

I'm almost at a loss for words to describe your complete obliviousness to your own self-righteous, victim playing, childish bullshit.

Do you really think that everyone is bashing you in all the threads you post in for no reason? If that is what you actually believe then I can't help but pity you.

But seriously man, we don't just start to bash every new member on here for no reason. You say, "they have an issue with me" "every page I go to he is bashing me" but honestly from what we've seen you just act like they "attacked you" for no reason. Most times, nobody attacks you and you overreact. Then when you get defensive and call them out, they will come back and attack you, and that's when you pull out these retarded names like "stalker" "secretary" and you act like we've been arguing for months and then a year later we bring it back up or something?

If you want to be thought of as the guy who pretends to know everything, then keep going, but I don't see it working very well here. Chances are that someone is definitely smarter than you in that area of audio or anything like that. Just try to not act so defensively after their first reply. And demanding all this proof on every little thing every time anyone says a single thing you don't agree with is just petty bullshit. If you don't agree with every single thing, look it up yourself. If it's not something you can look up in any way, then sure some proof could be warranted. But trust me, if this is the kind of arguing you're doing with the broad claims and little back-up; when it's your word vs someone whos been around a while with a trust-able know-how, you're gonna lose most times. You might not like it but that's what you get to roll with for a while......

This post, is more like a helpful attack, I'll admit it.

But normally, I'm not trying to attack you man, so you can go ahead and say that all you want, I'm just trying to point it out to you, there is a difference even if you can't see it.

I want all our members to be successful here, there was a time when I first joined and I was literally exactly like you, and someone handed my ass to me on some "Facts" I threw out there in a thread, I thought I was never gonna come back and left for a few months. Came back and wised up some, now it's safe to say I'm probably a trust-able source when it comes to facts on audio/acoustical/electrical engineering that people need help with. Don't be the next "ghostrider" man... it's not pretty. You can either take the advice or leave it, I'm honestly trying to help you here, as contrary as that may seem. You're really lucky Ken hasn't replied to any of your posts, that would be worthy of paying to see.

And to at least contribute to my original viewing of this topic;

I would also say IF YOU CAN, avoid mixing battery types. Will it definitely be bad? No. But will it definitely work? No. What Kenyel said makes sense actually, an isolator (he says solenoid so he means a relay type) could keep your batteries both working instead of having the discharge problems caused by 1 problem battery. But unless you often intend on playing with the engine off, it's probably safer to use the same batteries, because it's not about charging the batteries necessarily and it's not only a resting voltage thing either. The different batteries will discharge at different rates and have different resistances as the AGM will have a lower resistance than gel or wet. Their cycle efficiency is different too. People run different batts and have no problems sometimes, but my boss ran 2 different batteries and even with an isolator, he ended up having major problems with the AGM he installed for the system. Just food for thought.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

it is pointless to run an isolater if you don't play with your car off even if you have a wet cell and a agm as soon as they start charging together there in the circuit and the disadvantages of using two unlike batteries are there plus there is a potential resistant issue from it why add another source of resistence to a circuit doesnt make sense to me only benefit is that you wont have a dead starting battery if you play your stereo to long without it on and if you are worried about that just get a battery or battery bank with a nice reserve to it

Archived