TeamHT Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 All of the above ... what are you suggesting When my brother was going to ASU, we picked up contracts to record and highlight different sports teams. We got paid per season and our first year was chill making really decent money, the second year we picked up mesa community college, and three different high schools. We had to get our friend involved and made awesome money for filming their sports teams. High schools said the best surprisingly, biggest spender being Marcos de noza football team paying us $5,000 for their varsity football team game footage, highlights, and dedication film for the end of their season. When we moved back to Alaska there wasn't a lot of money in it (one college, no big sports team, no community college) but did sell footage to a local sports network. I also do marketing for local businesses via social media websites. Basically handling a Facebook and or Twitter account for their business. I also have good camera equipment so offer small photography shoots. Although this is the forest month and I only have three clients so far, I'm working under the table until I can figure out how I want this to continue. One business paid upfront, I only charged $200 per month. My plan is to maybe handle 60-70 accounts as a legitimate business and then pass it off to someone to work, lol. Local news stations also always have small freelance contracts available I will pick up every now and then which may be too much if your disability prevents it. But last one I took was last year, needed 15 minutes of HD footage of a municipal power plant manager in a small area unedited and paid $4,000. It cost me a day and $300 round trip so it was very good. Also check craigslist for small to do jobs or installs you can do. I also find old furniture on craigslist and make a small chic upgrade and sell, turns a decent profit Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Jeremy Perfect Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 Be careful working, while still on comp. Here in Mich people have gotten into big trouble for working and getting comp. Friend of mine is on it and workers comp hire a pi to follow him around to make sure he was hurt and was not working.
Skullz Posted October 10, 2013 Report Posted October 10, 2013 Best thing to do is to reduce your expenditures including rent or mortgage by moving and finding a lower cost place to live to help offset your costs, tightening your belt on what you spend will go a long way towards saving money you would otherwise be paying out for things you may not need. I have a very limited budget myself and have to live as cheaply as possible while still trying to get ahead in life and at times it can be a challenge especially when you have to start over. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
zayres29 Posted October 10, 2013 Author Report Posted October 10, 2013 Me and my girlfriend are moving in together in December so that will help a little bit ... I'm still waiting on approval for another surgery so who knows when that will be ... honestly I should be getting a pretty sizeable settlement when its all said and done but its hard to count on something like that... even when my case is over and workers comp stops paying I'm worried about what I will and will not be able to do as far as work and still make the salary I was making before my accident I was on my way to bringing home between 3-4k a month which I think is excellent for a 23 year old with no education... I just don't think I'll be able to match or exceed that Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Tarball Posted October 11, 2013 Report Posted October 11, 2013 Be smart. If/when you get a settlement get an education. If you're serious about your girlfriend enough to move in ask her to marry you. If she says no then she wasnt really worth it to begin with; if she says yes get her some education too with the money. Two degrees in the family are better than one. Think long term. CURRENT SYSTEM: Alternator: Stock alt on mids/highs Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v Batteries: (2) XS D1400s Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks Headunit: 80-PRS Sub Amp: DC 5.0k Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal. Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4 Active Components: Mids RE XXX 6.5c Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar) Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab. Build Log If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
zayres29 Posted October 11, 2013 Author Report Posted October 11, 2013 Be smart. If/when you get a settlement get an education. If you're serious about your girlfriend enough to move in ask her to marry you. If she says no then she wasnt really worth it to begin with; if she says yes get her some education too with the money. Two degrees in the family are better than one. Think long term. I agree and that would be one of the first things I would do with the money and I would plan on putting her through school too Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
inferno1985 Posted October 11, 2013 Report Posted October 11, 2013 go back to school, get somekind of business degree and look for a nice desk job. sorry about the accident i dont know you but i was making just about the same a month when i got let go because i spoke up and told my employers how i felt about them harrassing me daily. i went from almost 800 a week to 400 a week now, so i feel your pain, its tough you have to start over, now i have another kid and things are really really tough but you cant look too far ahead and wonder how this or how that, just take it day by day and be thankfull your still here. things will get better you just have to stay up. best of luck man and i wouldnt worry about the future right now. just try and get your health squared up. things will fall into place
CstrokerV Posted October 11, 2013 Report Posted October 11, 2013 my friend went to school for computer networking now he is working for apple at home.. tech support second shift starts at 18 an hour.. so if you go back to school you can look into that at least you wont be on your feet ... my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
zayres29 Posted October 11, 2013 Author Report Posted October 11, 2013 I can't afford to go back to school on my own somebody would have to pay for it for me... I'm covered in student loans from the first time I went to school so loans are out of the question hopefully at some point workers comp will help with that because I've already been told I can't ever return to work doing what I was or anything like it Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.