Sundown Audio

whats an affordable(300ish$) 2500 rms @ 1 ohm amp?

Novak

Alright amigo I've been in ur situation and here's ur best bet!

Check the classifieds here and CACO.

Eventually you'll find a Skar 2500/sundown 2500/dc2k/etcccc

A decent 2500 watt amp USED can be found for around 300-400. Just need to keep looking :) be patient and make sure you're buying from a legit seller

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

who cares how underrated an amp is?

have you seen the amp dyno of the ct 1400? comparing that amp to the brutus 1700 meade also dynoed.

the ct 1400 did 2400 watts at 14.1v on the burst test. the brutus 1700 did 1800 at 15.2v.

a whole volt MORE, and 600 watts less.

edit: even in certified distortion mode, the ct did 1200 at 12.7v and the hifonics did 1200 at 14.8v. TWO VOLTS more. for the same power.

aq2200 is a beast amp. Let's say in this certain situation, that you got 2.4k out of the Hifonics, and 2.2k out of the AQ. You won't be able to hear that 200 watt difference... But with 2 of the X's, I would definitely give them more than 1k a piece. Hell, I'm running the aq3500 @ .5 to 4 SA's... And my friend is running a Shok 2k to 2 SA's, and they are taking it like it's nothing. I say save up your money, and moar powa!

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

have you seen the amp dyno of the ct 1400? comparing that amp to the brutus 1700 meade also dynoed.

the ct 1400 did 2400 watts at 14.1v on the burst test. the brutus 1700 did 1800 at 15.2v.

edit: even in certified distortion mode, the ct did 1200 at 12.7v and the hifonics did 1200 at 14.8v. TWO VOLTS more. for the same power.

What's the price different between the two

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I didn't make my mind up till after I started this thread....... and I was more cought up trying to get more power cheaply then good realiable power for a price... and besides I was just trying to get more opinios on what amps would be a good setup for what I have and will be getting in the future... after all I don't want to drop 400 bucks and just have to get another amp when I pick up the second sub

98 honda civic hx build in process

have need

sundown x-12 d4 more sound deadening

sundown saz1500d v2 alternator (mechman)

sky high 1/0 w/ big 3 false walls and fiberglassing

amp rack (half done) and box processor

kicker zx 200.4 (mids/highs)

infinity reference components

trunk lid rear deck and rear quarter panels deadened

kinetic hc1400 under the hood (picking up 2 more late Jan early feb)

check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wF0CV2NaX4

November 9th, 2013 metered 140.3 at Midwest audio &detailing sealed on dash w/ termlab (w/ old alpine amp, new amp yet to be metered)

Fuck all that 400 500 dollar shit its hype. Go with hifonics it does rated on music all day. If you want proof meade proved it on the AD1

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

What's the price different between the two

$75

edit: higher quality amps are all hype? keep thinking that.

the brutus is shit amp with dirty power.. i owned them before.. and the dyno does not account for impedance rise.. get an under rated amp so you can see close to rated after impedance rise.

Archived