? on streetable fwd-rwd swap cars

dont try it, way to much work on a shitty car. If you want a something to throw that motor in get a miata or 240

your a shitty car!

240s are a rwd car so is a miata and 240s are known for having a ls swap in them.

a neon how ever is not

and i am a entry level fabricator my dad is not i wana go to school for autotech so a project like this would be a perfect start

"You're* a shitty car!" would have been the correct way. Either way, it was a shitty comment.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I just can't see the subframe taking the twist of that motor. The non overdrive has never appealed to me for a project vehicle. Injection and overdrive have always been necessities to me.

I would think it's going to be a little tricky to find a suitable ride to drop that combo into. Maybe an old Z? Already RWD though. FWD I can't think of many candidates. A small car will get ripped to shreds. A bigger car will be heavier.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Bring your wallet because once you start its going to grab s hold and not let go.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The Neon subframe is weak. Same subframe of a PT Cruiser. Cannot take the torque from motor. Back in the 70's a friend put a 427 in the back of a Vega. Ran like a bat out of hell. Open your wallet and keep it open.. Do you know welding and metal work?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

^^^ what the last two said.

Money is going to be your worse enemy here. Can it be done? Yep, BUT how much is it worth to do you doing it? A FWD car (Neon in your case) will not be able to take on the weight and HP/ Torque of the new motor without a ton of fab work. You'd basically be stripping the car down, and rebuilding the frame, the front end, the rear end, etc. If your pot is endless, go for it.

For example ^^

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

• 2 weeks later...

This is fun but it is the money that will get you on this one but can be done , i would find a focus and get the rear set up that was built for one or use that set up or one from a solstice for the neon

life goes one HP or DB at a time

Are YOU a good fabricator? Do YOU have a good understanding on drivetrains?

This. I swapped my Pontiac grand am to a v8 and made RWD...never...again...will I submit myself to that torture. I copied a member from a completely different forum who was very helpful and did the exact same thing to his grand am gt except he added a blower. I added nitrous and blew the whole thing

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived