rockFord_Expedition Posted October 29, 2013 Author Report Posted October 29, 2013 I have no doubt that soldering is effective, in fact Purplesyrup posted a thread recently and his work is outstanding IMO, but for my needs this will suffice Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Karkov Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Very cool man. Yea, i have always soldered in the past but very recently I also had purchased a 16 ton crimper that can crimp larger than SHCA 2/0 and down to prolly 8 AWG or something and I have been loving the results. Pretty much gonna keep doing the crimp thing for a long time to come. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
David Bailey Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Sorry for the delay, hospice came to see my mom and I had to help answer questions and such. On to the wire porn... The SHCA 2/0 after the crimp and heat shrink.... Heat shrink removed....... Damn bro, sorry to hear that. Pictures can always wait, nothing is as important as family. Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
SnowDrifter Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 Dude that's awesome! That's some THICK wire to crimp too haha ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
bighossf150 Posted October 29, 2013 Report Posted October 29, 2013 and this is why I love my hydraulic crimper Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
mikeg321 Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 So this is clearly 1 solid piece of copper now. I still wasn't convinced that the cutting wasn't contributing in some way to the illusion of the strands being fused together. Here is a close up... pretty obvious what was done by the dremmel and what was done by the saw blade. Cold pressure weld. I love my 16 ton crimper! 4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's 2 Crescendo bc5500s Crescendo c1100.4 6 focal mids Vifa tweets 5 XS Power d3100's Pioneer avh-p4200dvd All crammed into a mustang. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/
03 Xtreme Fosgate Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 real nice crimp.. Where did yall get your crimp from? Looked at the one at Harbor Freight and some on eBay but wasn't too sure about them. BUILD LOG-http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179004-03-s10-xtreme-ext-cab-rf-build/ PHOTOBUCKET- http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/03XtremeFosgate/library/truck%20audio%20rebuild
rockFord_Expedition Posted October 30, 2013 Author Report Posted October 30, 2013 real nice crimp.. Where did yall get your crimp from? Looked at the one at Harbor Freight and some on eBay but wasn't too sure about them. This is the exact one I got. Just a cheap Chinese pos, but it does the job. If I had to do crimps all day I would invest in one a little easier to use, but this one is fine for my needs. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
fox_racin4 Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 i like my crimper, i just need to get a proper die for the 1/0 cable it crimps it well just doesnt look that great lol 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
rockFord_Expedition Posted October 30, 2013 Author Report Posted October 30, 2013 This was a total guess on my end. I had no idea what size to use. The first die I used was a little too big so then I switched to a smaller one. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.