headunit decisions

ok, so ive got a 95 blazer 4 dr, i currently have a sony xplod headunit and its starting to fall apart. my questions are what headunit can i get that has a usb port and can easily sort through music on a usb flash drive. also i was wondering that since ill be gettin a new headunit, will this mean i will have to adjust my gains again since my headunit will most likely have a different point of when it distorts? thx for all the help guys

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

4 polk audio door speakers

2 dash speakers(coming soon)

1 amp to run my mids and highs(coming soon)

Dude, no offence, but, a 60$ job anywhere can do all that now......

EDIT- and yes, youll need to match your HU voltage again.. yes.

You have any other needs for a HU ? Active options, blue tooth, GPS, Big time IPOD control, or FLASH drive control, that sorta deal?

Well my first suggestion is to NOT go back with Sony. And as far as head units are concerned, i used to always run pioneer. Except when i was a kid i had a clarion, so i thought i would try it again. After making the switch back to Clarion i will not go back to pioneer. Simply put Clarion in my opinion has a much better sound quality. And as stated above, you of course will have to reset your gains, no matter what head unit you get.

truthsayer

yea haha, like i have my usb plugged in and i have to manually go through every single song haha and i cant see the song name till it starts playing so somethign where i could scroll through the songs or albums would be nice, other then that, im just looking for a decent solid headunit that will give me some eq options maybe? haha and i was looking at that pioneer 80prs but that might be a bit over my head right now, i dont know much about running active

1995 Blazer lt 4dr

2 t1d412s

1 t2500.1bd

4 polk audio door speakers

2 dash speakers(coming soon)

1 amp to run my mids and highs(coming soon)

Just about any pioneer

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If you want something that is easy to navigate through lots of songs a touch screen double din is going to be your friend IMO... I also have been thinking about making the switch to Clarion from Pioneer. I have been really impressed with my EQS746 and with Pioneer you pretty much have to step to the 80-prs if you want time alignment.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Pioneer unit. 80prs. Add a hard drive in glovebox and you set.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I'm using the 80prs with a 16g as card. Works great, takes few minutes for it to read the music but once it's loaded you can easily access all your music

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

The prs is a involved unit. If you dont NEED the options is does, i would look at something else. Its not the deck for everyone.

Most decks these days, should do everything you want and more. I see JVC is even making their decks a LOT better. Alpine is always top tier.

Just do some sniffing around, go through SONIC's pages, and maybe get 3 or 5 your lookin at, then post back, and everyone can chime in.

Other wise, your just gonna get everyone screaming at you what THEY are running.

You pic some, and then we can help you choose from those. Cool?

^definitely agree with Kylar....Also just to add Kenwood into the mix. A little more basic than the others suggested, but it did just fine with USB and ipod controls.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived