My rwd 300c has much better grip accelerating from a stop in snow with my winter tires on. It's a heavy car so I just spin with all seasons but on ice it doesn't matter. You're screwed.

I've never noticed better stopping with the winter tires but maybe that's because I only have them on the rear wheels :/

P.S. I live on a gravel road in South Dakota so they get tested daily for grip ;)

Iv'e never tried running just two on the back, maybe that will help with the highway driving. The winter tires I have are just shot. Cannot balance them for shit. One tire was out like 6.5 ounces on one side! Haha and ya I can just light them up too but I like to stay in a straight line.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Meh, I run all seasons on my car. I feel that it is useless to even get winter tires unless they have studs in them. I watched my mailman drive up our lane when it was a sheet of ice. Didn't slip a bit. That moment I was sold on studded tires. That will be the only thing I get if I ever get a second set of tires.

As long as your tread isn't wore down terribly, you should be fine. I live up a hill, and my car with all season tires can make it up, while a 2012 Kia with winter tires (without studs) cannot do jack shit, even with traction control off. Just goes to show that some newer cars with all the electronic slip control and bullshit suck, at least trying to go up a snow covered lane.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Install some studs if you have a lot of ice most of the time.

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/general/altimax-arctic/p/style/36032#.UqlAZvRDsdU

Studs are only allowed by people that live up north in my province. I can thank my government for that great idea.

Because of course the ice they have up north is so much "slipperier" (sarcasm)

I drive a front wheel drive, just run all seasons. Doesnt matter what tire you run, aint nobody stopping on ice.

Front wheel drive does do better in the snow then rear wheel though. I completely agree on not stopping on ice though.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

I'm assuming you drive a car & not a truck.. I've gone through a lot of different sets of tires... went from a street tire to a All terrain & some kind of tire in between.. & the next set i'll be moving to mud terrains. But i do alot of offroading. So i need that grip. I also snowboard & i've had my truck slide in the parking lot SKETCHY. If you have the money get something with a more aggressive tread.. but not much is going to stop you from sliding on ice. If its not worth it to you just drive as you normally do.

def worth it to me

ive had studded, just snows and the best all seasons

they have all done pretty good

the studded do grip the best in the snow/ice but are noisy..i dont care too much

the normal snow tire ride like sht on the high way but stop pretty damn good for not being studded

the all seasons are good aswell aslong as it nothing cheap, i usually get michelins

as far as wear all my tires usually wear pretty good, ive never gone thru a whole tire before i usually sell them half way down and but another set :pardon:

I'm using continental all seasons dry wet snow rated on 18" wheels 8" wide. live in Michigan and have a decent amount of snow, they handle it better thenI thought they would. Them being so wide in such a small light car (ford focus) is the issue I have. The back tires like to slide out every now and then on turns so I have to take it easy on the bad roads but I learned to drive in the winter while living in Alaska, 10 years of driving in snow and ice.

Studs don't help doing on ice really not enough to depends on them, more so help with starting on ice then driving on ice.

This is my first year running all seasons in snow and on 18s, I most likely will never by winter tires Again.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

My wife buys tge winter tires. Not me. Not all cars are created equal in the snow either. My elantra was awesome in the snow. My malibu is terrible

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That's true to, not all cars will handle the snow the same.

I've had several cars and I really liked the way my 95 gallant handled snow. Had summer tires that only had a few months of life left and did great.

My focus handles snow great but the wide tires and light weight trunk doesn't always like ti work with me. Just need to get some weight in the back. Something like a sheet of wood and a 12 for starters

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived