home depo / cutting

my home depot won't cut MDF. When you cut MDF that shit stinks. They did however, cut up to 10 cuts for me for free. I actually had the dude cut all pieces for one box I made. He did a good job. The measuring YOU should do though. Fortunately enough, he kind of knew what he was doing and only 1 piece was like 1/8" off.

OH YEAH. And I ended up using Maple wood over the MDF. Cost a few bux more, but was half the weight. Box sounds amazing.

I think technically it's first (2) cuts are free, and 50 cents per thereafter, but they never charge me.

The best thing to do is get them to make the longest rips for you and do the precision cutting at the house. That way even if it's off by a bit, it's all off by the same amount. Like... if I know I want my box height to be 12", I get them to make (2) 12" rips and I cut those rips to the lengths I need them.

I always get them to cut them in half too. I can get like (3) whole sheets of wood in the CRX. Lol.

I work for home depot and have used the panel saw many of times. I actually had my store cut the pieces for me today (since I was off the clock and couldn't do it myself). Cuts came out prefect. Granted they know me and took there time with the cuts.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

I've only gone to Lowes twice to have cuts made, but I would dare say that home depot would be similar. One time every cut was almost perfect. I was able to put the box together without cutting anything other than the sub holes. The other time the cuts were off by a lot and were angled. I wasn't paying that close of attention since I had run into an friend of mine. When I got home the wood cuts were impossible to use without some major corrective cutting. I would definitely keep a close eye on whoever does the cuts for you and double check the cuts before you leave.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Here is the thing about Home depot (sure lowes is the same), We (since I work for home depot) Don't do Precision cuts. We can get them close, but 90% of the time they are going to be off (unless the person doing the cuts cares about the cuts). So keep that in mind if you go to HD or even Lowes.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Get em close fkush trim bit away. I do all my own cuts. That way I cant be pissed at anyone but me

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I typically have mine cross cut a little over my needed measurements for ease of handling.

If you plan out your box correctly, AND know which side of the blade you need them to cut on, you can get accurate cuts made. Otherwise they will measure out to a point and either cut on the right side, wrong side or in the middle.

In all reality, if a couple of your measurements are 1/8 or so off, it won't matter in the box design. you just need to shrink the rest of the cuts to reflect the change. A little dry fit before you glue up everything goes a long way in running into trouble at the end ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I usually have Home Depot do my larger cuts and all similar cuts. Say my front, sides and back are all 16 inches I have them cut that then I bring it home and trim the down to get the correct dimensions. It's also not a bad idea to have them cut a half inch or inch over because sometimes they mess up depending on who you get to do your cuts

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I went to my Home depot in town here and they said that they couldn't cut MDF for me because all the sawdust from cutting is explosive... The MANAGER of the store told me that. I was just like wtf are you smoking and I left.

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

I went to my Home depot in town here and they said that they couldn't cut MDF for me because all the sawdust from cutting is explosive... The MANAGER of the store told me that. I was just like wtf are you smoking and I left.

Could always report it to corporate lol. Prolly get some free mdf out of it

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived