Second Skin Audio

Overpowering subs takes planning. A lot of times upgrading subs and then being tuned only to hit that perfect number. Did you ever ask you dad what it took to get to that level. Just because others have done it, doesn't always mean you will. I am not trying to discourage you, I just dont want to see you mad because you spent good money and blue something else. Your dad may have also been running 2 ohm loads at each amp not 1 ohm.

i haven't talked to that man in years. but Nah he was running 1ohm it said it in a video where he went over his system. and yea i know what all he has, H.O. alternator, 2 gigantic trunk batteries, all that good stuff you need for a monster system like that. but what i want to do would only be half that power, which i know is still pushing the SA 12s as far as they will go. I think I will take your advice and stick with my XFl's since they are rated 1000rms a piece. they can handle 2500 at 1 ohm much better. and if i want to go full sundown, ill just save up and get a couple of the higher line subs that handle more rms.

2 American Bass XFL 12's dual 4's wired to 1 ohms ran by a Hifonics BRZ 2400d powered by a Kinetik KHC2400 and 0 gage ran everywhere.

And one last thing no matter what subs you choose. Make sure your gains are tuned properly.

Way too much power for the subs, period. A 2.5" coil can only handle so much dude, and you're talking about 1250 Watts to each. The SA would be a downgrade from your XFLs. The XFL has a 3" coil and 1000W rating, as opposed to the 600W 2.5" coil of the Sundown. I won't even get into the whole "record" thing.

You said yourself that the subs are in a junk prefab, THERE is your problem. Build the new box NOW for the XFLs and see what you think when they actually perform how they're meant to.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

No vs threads please.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived