Second Skin Audio

What can I do to be "louder"?

Cruze2

Hello all, this is my first major build and now that it's finished I have a few questions.

Here is a list of what I have installed.

Fi Sp4 15 d2 fully loaded

Audioque2200d

SHCA 1/0 wire

Xs Power D4700

My voltage holds well, playing full tilt it drops to 13.7. I have the set up firing towards the rear and the back seats up(Chevrolet Cruze). I just feel like I should be louder than what I am, but I could be wrong I don't know. I do know that I need deadener...lol, but once I do put deadener in should I turn the set up around and seal it off from the trunk?

Just need some wise advice from people here.

Thank you guys.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

Put your seats down. I have a sonic and with my seats up its quiet as hell but when i have them down i do 142db. So thats my opinion put seats down and leave them down and deaden the trunk lol. Also you can try to seal it off it may be louder may be quieter its all in testing

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

MOAR POWA

Seriously though testing and tuning on a meter is the only way to get your loudest. Or just move things around until your satisfied on the ear-o-meter, alot of high number guys move everything around from visors to glove box open or closed

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Box specs? the box makes you or breaks you when being loud or crazy loud

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

port through the rear deck

sound deadener

try different placements

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I've heard bad thing about port through the deck, besides if the seats fold down a sealed it'd trunk would be the a way to go IMO.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived