What to do when your car spins out???

You want the male or female answer

LOL

male answers all above.

female answer: SLAM ON THE BRAKES!!!

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

You forgot cover your eyes and let go of the steering wheel

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You forgot cover your eyes and let go of the steering wheel

And scream until the car hits something. Then cry. Just cry.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

learned how to drive insnow and ice in Alaska, like everyone id saying find a good open area and learn how the car handled while sliding. Play around a little bit.

About 4 days ago going roughly 40 the back end of my car (ford focus 18" and wide wheels all seasons) car started sliding got it back under control just getting of the gas and slightly turning against the slide. A car the ran a red light almost hitting me, dodging them the back end slid right back out to the left and all the way around. Feathered the throttle turned against the slide and was able to pull the car over on to a side road going straight with the lane.

Was a little shaking up but no harm done.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Some of the info in here is pretty bad and dangerous I don't want to get In any arguments so I will not state what or why. What I will do is suggest all you guys all do some reading on winter driving tactics and go practice in a wide open big ass parking lot. The best way to learn how to gain control is to lose it purposely in a controlled environment so you can properly learn to regain control. Every car will handle differently so be prepared when you buy a new car. One thing you should always remember guys is you brake before a turn not while turning you should have already slowed enough to take the turn by the time you get to the corner or curve.

Yeah never brake while turning on ice or snow, if anything you slow down more then enough before the turn then get slightly on the gas just enough ti maintain speed. If your sliding keep your foot of the brake it will only further lock up your tired and pick up speed directly down hill

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Its funny because this happened while going straight.... lol while being careful while going slowly. Under coasting at 15 mph.

I gave it a small amount of break turned all the way to the right and hoped for the best. So while I managed to prevent complete spinning mayhem, I didnt act quick enough to hold my lane.

I guess what I was asking is, why would the back end just come all the way out like that for no apparent reason?

I mean I need some new tires, but ive made it through worse conditions with alot less without so much as an issue. This is my first winter with this particular vehicle though.

So some practice is in order I suppose.

Does you car by chance have drum brakes in the back? Because when the drums on my truck get wet or whatever from the snow, they like to lock up with the slightest touch of the brake pedal lol and that may be what caused your back end to come out (before anyone asks, my brakes are perfectly fine and have been checked by my father who is a certified ford technician lol)

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

The rear end came around because it was trying to out run the car. The front tires had more breaking force than the rear. Therefore it wanted to pass the front. That's why you give it some throttle it'll pull back straight.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

^^ to better explain, there is more weight in the front plus when slowing down wait shifts forward so the front tires were getting more traction then the rear and therefore the rear tires had a small amount of traction in ice and something as little as a patch of ice under one tire but not the other could cause the tire with traction to Pull and the other To slide. Once the tire starts sliding the weight shifts to one side and spins around.
in theory at least.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Thank you strange for a sig lol.... on the other note. to learn how to not skid follow these directions like every one said.

1. Find empty parking lot with no poles or anything in it at all.

2. Spin out on pour pus.

3. Have fun ^_^

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived