The Automotive Picture Post

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

E85 is higher octane and these LT direct injection motors love e85. Most of them come with it but mine was one of the few that wasn't ordered with it

Yeah but there is a ton of negative things that come with the use of e85.

To me the cons outweigh the pros.

Are you going to order 55gallon drums of good e85 or just trust what they have at the pump that can be as low as e70?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

My brother's been racing on E85 in his 87 TPI 'vette for a few years now. I know he's changed injectors and such but he's running consistent AF ETs.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, srp365 said:

26113807_1678203672238004_2487077533760104593_n.jpg

Best guess is it rotates in reverse.  I imagine the camshaft would have to be custom made since the timing and duration would be at the wrong point for the combustion cycle & gas path to work the other direction though.  I could be wrong but thats my guess.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

6 hours ago, WalledSonic said:

Best guess is it rotates in reverse.  I imagine the camshaft would have to be custom made since the timing and duration would be at the wrong point for the combustion cycle & gas path to work the other direction though.  I could be wrong but thats my guess.

The only thing you'd have to do is change the lobes around on the camshaft so the exhaust opens the old exhaust valve on the intake downstroke for each cylinder. Maybe give the old intake/new exhaust a little more stroke since the exhaust is now exiting the cylinder through the smaller valves. Maybe port the valve chambers? Still a cool as fuck idea, though.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived